[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
machine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Etapa_2 (5).jpg (35 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Etapa_2 (5).jpg
35 KB, 640x480
>this is my bicycle
>I made it
>I made it to help people of my city to move from side to side
>but it is a very difficult job to do
>in my city it is forbidden that two people use the same bike
>It is possible to improve the power of my bike to not get tired when I'm riding?
>please help
>>
Buy a gas powered engine kit for $200
>>
>>998669
Can you change gears? I see a rear derailleur.
>>
File: 3db4ec_4766974.jpg (220 KB, 1383x1631) Image search: [Google]
3db4ec_4766974.jpg
220 KB, 1383x1631
>It is possible to improve the power of my bike to not get tired when I'm riding?
Ride often and commit to a high protein diet, this is more of a /fit/ problem.
You can't make the bike to be more "powerful", unless you use motors, you can switch to a lower gear but the muscle power it is the same for the same distance. Maybe add a third wheel to reduce the effort to maintain the bike stable.

Trying to improve a bike is like trying to improve a spoon, you can change the design, but you're left with the same thing.
>>
Your bicycle looks rad, but the peddles are much further forwards than a regular bicycle geometry. You probably won't get tired so fast with a regularly shaped road bicycle. For carrying a passenger you could put BMX pegs and a banana seat in the back.
>>
>>998775
I don't give enough of a fuck to explain why you're wrong. But you are in many ways.
>>
>>998669
Was their actually any thought process put into this or just "look like motorcycle! vroom!"
>>
>>998991
They're brown, what do you think?
>>
>>998983
Tell me how you're going to make a bycicle more "powerful" with a fixed power input (muscle in this case), you can make a bike lighter, reduce the aerodynamic friction,... but that's it.
Power equals force times distance over time, you are constrained by those parameters, lower gear equals less force, but more time, while the distance is the same, the contrary happens with a higher gear, you can't get more force with the same power if the other parameters are fixed.
He could use an electric motor to help him go uphill and even add some regenerative breaking to make it more efficient, but when it comes to taking some input power and translating it into movement there's not much to be done, and if there is, please report to the ECF
>>
>>999002
The transfer of power would be more efficient if the design was better than a wannabe chopper
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
>>998669
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grcskPrbsvI
Just do this OP, I have a friend who did this with a gas powered motor and it works okay.
>>
>>999003
Why? Where does it get lost? Does the chopper design mandate a poorly lubricated chain or something?
>>
File: 100HoursInMSPaint.jpg (93 KB, 642x526) Image search: [Google]
100HoursInMSPaint.jpg
93 KB, 642x526
>>999041
It's about the weight and the position of the seat and saddle allowing the rider to use their largest leg muscles efficiently. Look at where OP's peddles are relative to normal bike geometry. You don't see racers, couriers, and long distance cyclists on a cruiser or chopper bicycle for a reason. They're for fun slow rides on level ground, not any kind of serious commuting or hauling.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.