[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shoe help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: 20160525_145206-1.jpg (902 KB, 1758x2845) Image search: [Google]
20160525_145206-1.jpg
902 KB, 1758x2845
Hey /diy/ how would you fix this hole in my shoe i tried google but it was no help
>>
Bumparoo
>>
>>998632
buy new shoe.
>>
>>998632
They've had it.

The only fix would be to clue a bit of rubber over the hole but I wouldn't bother on those canvas shoes.
>>
>>998632

You're one of those guys who just sits there twisting their shoe on the ball all day long because you stressing when sort of social interaction happens, huh?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn-UDHZjNqs
>>
Fuck yo vans nikka
>>
>>998647
>You're one of those guys who just sits there twisting their shoe on the ball all day long because you stressing when sort of social interaction happens, huh?

Vans just wear out that way. I've gone through many pairs that the top side still looks new but the ball section is worn to shit. It's a shame.

OP, your shoes are fucked. Vans doesn't use the same rubber that they used to. Time to get a new pair.
>>
>>998632
try googling the phrase "resole shoe" for more focused results. It'll probably end up more expensive than a new pair.
>>
>>998647
This isn't an anime you faggot.
>>
It can be fixed from inside: glue+rubber. But you should think about a new pair.
>>
Use araldyte to glue a bike tyre on the bottom of your shoe you tight Fuck.
>>
>>998632
Shoe Goo. It can repair shoes, or anything else. It's like $6 a tube but you don't need a ton. There is a small tube for like 3$ I think if you look. I literally glued a completely new sole onto my converse that I cut off my old slippers I never wore.
>>
Get some work boots.
>>
>>998645
>>998681
Also i am buying a new pair of shoes like an adidas gazelle since those fuckers never fall apart but i just would rather fix those pairs up instead of buy an overpriced new pair
>>
>>998641
>>998645
>>998673
Well i mean i have another pair of vans i dont use any more could i just cut out the sole of that one and replace one the one i want to
>>
Liquid rubber.
>>
>>998632
If I were you, which I'm thankfully not, having such dreadful taste in footwear would be the death of me; I'd buy a proper pair of proper shoes.

Spend between $100 and $200 on a good pair of leather shoes with solid rubber soles. Don't pay for a silly brand, just go for high quality leather. Preferably black, but brown works also. Then teach yourself how to stain them, and remember to stain them properly before you start wearing them regularly.

Those shoes will literally last you ten years, and they will never go out of style.

If you pay $300-$400, they will last you a lifetime.

Don't buy two tone, don't buy suede, don't even think about buying something stupid like snake or aligator skin. Get normal, regular oxfords, made from chiefly one piece of leather, and keep staining them until they're water tight.

Enough with this silly skate shoe nonsense. If they really WERE skate shoes, they'd be made out of a material that didn't die when you wore them. But they're SKATE BRAND shoes, nothing more.
>>
>>998666
Vans new rubber is fucking great for skate shoes though. They have the best feel aside from converse, which are too thin and hurt to skate in. It's not their fault you're just wearing skate shoes to look cool.
>>
They sell bike tire patch kits at the dollar store. Barring that silicone caulking will make that better than new.

Lot of snobs in this thread.
>>
>>999297
I'm glad I'm a snob because I don't walk around in shoes with holes in.

You can buy a pair of converse knock offs in primary for £5/10. Less than the cost of fucking about repairing some that are fucked and calling some one a snob while doing it.
>>
>>999308
A tube of shoe goo costs 6$ at walmart and can repair many, many pairs of shoes, plus it works great for a ton of other things as well.
>>
Get shoes that don't fall apart in 6 months
>>
>>998700
Garbagepunk detected.
>>
A fuckload of Epoxy layers
>>
>>999317
But the repair job won't last nearly as long as a new pair of shoes. especially in that area where it would get worn quickly
>>
>>998632
My wife put this flat patch she got form Home Depot which is designed for keeping chairs from moving. Try attaching this to the bottom of your shoe. It should help.
>>
>>998632
Had this on an old pair of skate shoes. Just layer electrical tape over it. It gets worked into to the rubber from walking on it and lasted surprisingly long. I didnt even wrap it all the way around, just layered on the bottom.
>>
>>998632
Fill hole with some hardcore sticky glue.
Then paint.
>>
>>998632
Fill it with exterior caulk
>>
>>998700
This, Shoe Goo is good shit. You could literally replace a sole with it if you wished, I reckon; you'd just have to figure out how to get it to stay in the right shape while it sets. Godsend for people who don't have money to burn on stuff like this.
>>
>>999200
Under-rated suggestion right here. As someone who's had a pair of school uniform shoes professionally resoled, this is pretty much what they do.

Get yourself a can of plastidip in whatever color you think would match best. Hold the shoe(s) upside down. Use masking tape around the outside of the sole to create a reservoir of sorts. Be sure to remove any inserts from the inside of the shoe, and tape up any holes that are showing through there as well. Pour your plastidip into the sole of the shoe, and let it cure. Once the rubber is set, you might want to take a power sander to it, and knock down/contour some parts that may have been built up too much. It's worth noting this will pretty much remove any of the tread from the shoes, but this is pretty much the only option outside of recobbling this shit from scratch.
>>
File: flexseal3[1].jpg (170 KB, 520x644) Image search: [Google]
flexseal3[1].jpg
170 KB, 520x644
>>998632
this
>>
>>999235
Skate shoes use a stickier but less durable rubber compound, since traction is more important than durability if you're actually using them to stay on a skateboard.

Similar to how racing tires need to be replaced multiple times during a race, yet regular tires can go for tens of thousands of kilometres.

Skate shoes are for skateboarding.
>>
>>1001625
This is bullshit
>>
>>999235
God you sound like the most boring mother fucker
>>
File: 2008083120345283954064.jpg (76 KB, 750x691) Image search: [Google]
2008083120345283954064.jpg
76 KB, 750x691
>>998632
Cobbler here. Honestly, I would recommend getting a professional to do it.

If you must do it yourself, buy some pic related.

Then glue a thin disc of leather over the hole, underneath the rubber.

Then, with a bench sander, lightly sand the perimeter of the sole at about a 20 degree angle, so that the edge is a sharp corner, rather than being rounded. This step is optional but will greatly improve the appearance of the shoe and the lifespan of the repair.

Then glue it down. You should use a proper shoe glue, but I suppose you might be able to use some other fairly flexible glue.

Leave for a few hours to dry.

You will probably want to trim the overhanging edges of the rubber, although I suppose you technically don't have to if you're lazy as fuck. Use a curved stanley knife, but you could probably manage with a straight one.

Trim to within a millimeter of the sole, then do the rest on the sander. If you are a bad enough dude, you can do it entirely with the knife and if you do it right it can actually look better.

You may wish to put a chamfer on the edge of the sole to improve the appearance, but honestly this will just happen as you wear them.

Leave overnight before wearing. Do this to both shoes for best results.
>>
>>999235
Not true. Skate shoes have softer soles for gripping grip tape (sandpaper) better.

I wore skate shoes exclusively until 15 (laugh all you want, I was ripping that shit up) and they wear out very quickly if you wear them everyday for walking.

Also they are heavier and generally not tied as tight so they drag a little more.

Just use shoe goo
>>
File: 20160601_130443.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160601_130443.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>998632
Can someone help me too?
>>
>>1002371
>Can someone help me too?

Nope, you seem to have done a perfect job.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.