[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /diy/ how do I remove these god forsaken sticker from a book
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (726 KB, 1936x1898) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
726 KB, 1936x1898
Hey /diy/ how do I remove these god forsaken sticker from a book
>>
>>998626
Apply light heat until the adhesive lets up. I recommend a hair dryer on low.
>>
If the above recommendation doesn't work, try sticking the book in the freezer and try to peel the sticker whilst it is very cold.

Some adhesives contract from their bonded surface in the cold. The best example I can think of are those used in envelope seals.

Worth a shot.
>>
>>998626
God i hate those. Good luck op.
>>
>>998626
what kind of monster would stick one of those to the book?
>>
>>999221
Those that like to watch the world burn
>>
>>999221
I read along time ago publishers would mark a big line on the spine of a book when a book was sold as clearance to depreciate it's value or differentiate it from original sales, i assume its something like that.
>>
>>998626
try non-water soluable (in this case best would be chlorinated) solvents
something like perchlorethylene (it's used for dry cleaning) shouldn't harm the paper and ink at all and dissolve the glue
>>
>>999426
That's like buying something from ebay and having the person your buying it from hitting it with a hammer so it is worth less then shipping it to you.

Which is all sorts of illegal.
>>
>>999450
>Remaindered books are printed books that are no longer selling well and whose remaining unsold copies are liquidated by the publisher at greatly reduced prices. While the publisher may take a loss on the sales of these books, they are able to make some money off the sale and clear out space in the warehouses.[1]
>Copies of remaindered books may be marked by the publisher, distributor or bookseller, to prevent them from being returned. "Remainder marks" have varied over the years, but today most remainders are marked with a stroke with a felt-tipped marker across the top or bottom of the book's pages, near the spine.

I'm glad i didn't imagine this, because it sounded stupid in my head
>>
>>998626
hair dryer and a Teflon blade
>>
>>999450
He said " long time ago" which, lest ye not into history, clearance sale merch was sold directly as-is at brick and mortar locations hence visible alteration was quite legal.

It still is if it's disclosed online to a buyer.
>>
isopropyl alcohol. just got to let it soak in
>>
>>999426
I think you are mistaken.

I buy books for 1$ at Dollar Tree, and there tend to be 2 types of books there.

Really bad books that are a couple of years old that just didnt sell, and books with very obvious binding of printing issues.

The defective books ALL have identifying markings on them, like a permanent marker line or dot on them.

The other books that there are 20 of, that nobody wants to read are identical to the ones you would buy at other book store. Even the hard cover ones have the slip covers on them, no markings or stickers at all.

And I have bought ultra clearance books at places like Barnes and Noble, never seen any identifiers on them.
>>
>>998626
wd-40 works, apparantly.
[spoiler]ruin your book weeaboo i fucking dare you [/spoiler]
>>
>>999706
This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfOZKj8ZGqo
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.