[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
free materials
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1462601214035.gif (43 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1462601214035.gif
43 KB, 320x240
where to get free wood and scrap metal.
>>
Of quality? Lol. No.
>>
Potentially a scrap yard
>>
>>998012
Building sites at night.

Also, in the back of unlocked vans and tradesmans vehicles.
>>
>>998036
>Also, in the back of unlocked vans and tradesmans vehicles.

Can confirm, a friend looted a snap-on truck that was out of gas while the driver went walking to the gas station. He has more tools than he is ever going to use.
>>
>>998012
Kijiji and craigslist for wood, or old pallets that businesses throw out.

Metal is too valuable to throw out, but there is usually scrap rail spikes and junk littering train tracks.
>>
Trees and mountains
>>
>>998141
>but there is usually scrap rail spikes and junk littering train tracks.

Just a reminder that is some places it is a felony to trespass on railroad property. Something they are much more likely to pursue if you are caught with a backpack full of stolen iron.

>>998139
NIIIIIIIIIICE
>>
there are daily posts on CL for scrap metal
>>
>>998139
>stealing a man's worktools
ya sick fuck
>>
>>998014
Tfw i work in an aluminum factory where they throw half a container of brand new treated wood every single day and i can claim it all if i ever need it
>>
Strike the earth
>>
Freecycle, ebay buyer collect, gumtree, skips, dumpsters and fly tipping hot spots.

Look for furniture, plenty of old pine furniture out there for next to nothing if you're willing to collect. Pine dining tables, beds, dressers etc.

There is always someone trying to off load plywood and mdf off cuts, too small for them but handy for me.

Next skips, look for places that are having extensions, plenty of decent lengths of off cut roof battens and if you have a table saw or band saw you can cut these down to any size you like.

Always helps to ask the local trade men if you can look through their scraps.

Also your local recycle centre and city dump, people chuck also sorts of reusable stuff away up there.

Then last of all some city's have wood recycle charities, join one if you can.

As for metal, no idea. The pikeys already have that too well covered.
>>
>>998183
They're not his work tools, just the over priced crap he pedals to naive mechanics.
>>
>>998193
So do it nigger. Sell it. Turn profit.
>>
>>998019
>>998141
>>998172
any tools i should bring when collecting
>>
>>998141
but aren,t pallets a bitch to take apart
>>
>>998012
Construction sites often throw out all the extra lumber at the end of the job. I've seen big ass dumpsters full of new 2x4s several times in front of new homes. Easier for them to toss it than try to sort through and save it for the next job.
>>
>>998355
good to know
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.