[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
has anyone ever got together with people and split the cost to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: logo.png (3 KB, 201x38) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
3 KB, 201x38
has anyone ever got together with people and split the cost to check their carfax reports?

1 report costs 39.99
5 reports are 49.99
and unlimited are 54.99

if 2 people got together they'd save money instantly. more people=more savings. thoughts?
>>
thats only if the garage complies with carfax and sends THE CUSTOMERS INFORMATION to carfax

fuck carfax and any garage that sends YOUR INFORMATION to carfax
>>
>>995024
that may be, but I still get one every time I buy a car.
>>
>>995015
For me, carfax reports only opened more questions. The ideal used car comes from a private seller with 1 or 2 previous owners who have kept a service records and self repair/maintenance logs in a book and proudly show it to you when you go look at it. I do this, too. This is the only way I know of that guarantees you're buying a good used car (or at least one with known issues). Sadly, these types of owners are few and far between.

>>995024
I'm with you. Carfax reports are still a gamble. Not a substitute for general auto knowledge and research on the specific model vehicle you're looking at.
>>
>>995015
>paying for a CARFAX report

If you're interested in a car, have the seller provide you one. Or, if you want, cruise on over to /o/ and wait for mightyBenz to post another VIN check thread
>>
>>995073
>cruise on over to /o/ and wait for mightyBenz to post another VIN check thread
good idea thanks!!!
>>
>>995015
Ive done a lot of flipping trading and just playing around with cars on craigslist.

Clean carfaxs are worthless, and bad ones can be telling.
It sucks, because there used to be ways to get free ones, and the free autocheck ones are way crappier.

Got burnt real bad on a really beautiful 02 Monte Carlo Intimidator with low miles (it was the version without the flags, such a cool car). I was the third owner and the first owner kept it dealer maintained its whole life. Second owner only had it 2 years.

I knew the guy selling it looked like a retard, but I ignored it because of the carfax and it turned into a fucking moneypit. The only car I lost a decent amount of money on just to get rid of the damn thing.

With that said I did buy an 03 silverado without checking the the autochecker thing or the carfax.
Turns out the faggot bought the car 3 months prior at a car auction. And the year before it had an odometer reading at over 200k. My cluster said it only had 150k on the truck. Faggot lied and lied and lied, and then he rolled back the miles.

It was still a mechanically sound truck without rust, but it made me so fucking mad I sold it within a month disclosing to the next guy how many real miles it had. I sold it for the exact amount I paid so i didnt lose any money at least.

Also I have clearly seen cars that have had panels doors and other shit replaced, and the whole car repainted. Presumably because its been in a decent wreck but it never show on the report, and they werent salvage titles. You gotta look real hard because body shops do a fucking good job.

>got sick of the constant work and change
>stopped trading altogether
>im the 13th owner of my current car and its been rock solid with a little bit of maintenance

I hate that carfaxs are a necessary evil, because you realistically cant take anything positive from them
>>
>>995015
Take this crap over to /o/.
>>
>>995137
Take yourself to /b/
>>
>>995138
Actually, he has a point. People on /o/ do exactly what you're talking about. Look for VIN check threads.
Also, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>995379
>the hero /diy/ needs
>>
>>995073
This.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.