[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any Hvac people here? Should these lines be frozen? My apt just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Any Hvac people here? Should these lines be frozen? My apt just doesnt seem to cool very well. I have a clean filter and i can see light through the evap core.
>>
>>996200
no they shouldn't be take a better picture of the valve is it frosting before it
>>
>>996213
Thanks for the reply. I can take a better pic when i get home from work.
>>
>>996200

No line should ever be frozen in normal operation
>>
>>996200

if the lines and coil are freezing, its possible an airflow problem... if the air cant flow thru the coil properly, it will freeze up. check the blower motor make sure its running full speed, check ducts to make sure none of them are restricted especially the intake. check bents to make sure they arent closed or blocked. check blower wheel and make sure it doesnt have excess dust built up preventing it from pulling the air in.

if none of these things are the culprit, then you need to get a tech to check it out, you could need freon, the expansion valve could be bad, or worst your compressor is going bad.

my first guess would be the blower wheel or motor. then work from there
>>
>>996200

also forgot to mention, all that rust on the evaporator is not a good sign. it seems to be the worst in the bottom. I would have it checked out by a pro, you could have a potential freon leak. and thats dangerous because it will get sucked thru your apartment being the evaporator.
>>
>>996200
looks like your expansion valve might be clogged up since the whole valve is frosting
>>996280
and that will never leak enough at one time to do anything too you
>>
>>996200
You are low on freon and the liquid is flash evaporating before it hits the coil. An airflow freeze up happens in the coils not the txv and distribution lines.
>>
>>996280
I have seen hundreds of evaps and never one without this level of rust or worse, not a big deal. Also a freon leak from an apartment sized system could never be concentrated enough to suffocate you.
>>
A possible leak
>>
>>996200
You metering device is particularly plugged
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.