[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apartment Upgrades
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: deck.jpg (3 MB, 3024x2048) Image search: [Google]
deck.jpg
3 MB, 3024x2048
Just moved into a new apartment and the deck is a decent size but the wood is atrocious. The office told me to fuck off about permanent repairs but don't care about anything that can be easily removed and doesn't damage the structure.

I'm new to outdoor /diy/ but is there any reason why this wouldn't work? I was thinking of basically screwing together a pallet out of decent wood and setting it on top, and laying a square of fake grass on top of those big kitchen rubber mats to keep my precious toes away from the splinters and rusty nails and help the wood underneath not stay wet and slimy.
>>
File: owies.jpg (294 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
owies.jpg
294 KB, 2048x1536
>>995523
Close up of the wood. I would just through a rug over it but I'm probably gonna be here for a couple years and I wanna do it right
>>
>wanna do it right
no you dont, otherwise, you'd be replacing that. As you cant, and screwing into existing prob. frowned upon as well, I'd maybe consider that IKEA/hardware store click terrace/decking crap. Quality is not especially stunning, but, easy to install, easy to remove, reusable, relatively cheap and no harm done. Otherwise, you just be building a deck on top of a deck,
>>
>>995523
I'd just sand it down and stain it, not even tell them I did it.
>>
>>996412
Agreed. Get a search goin and get to work!
>>
Just put down a good quality astroturf.

You can hose it off and throw it away when you move.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.