[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got a vhs camera and i'd like to transfer the vhs video
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: 20546149_4.jpg (39 KB, 1024x764) Image search: [Google]
20546149_4.jpg
39 KB, 1024x764
I got a vhs camera and i'd like to transfer the vhs video to a cd. I have a vhs player. What do i do? Anybody ever did it?
>>
Not sure if this is what you're after but here's a little reading material for your face jellies.

http://anarchivism.org/w/How_to_Rip_VHS
>>
>>995452
Use a capture card to capture the composite output from the VHS player to your computer. Then burn a CD.

Not sure why you want to convert between two obsolete formats though.
>>
>>995452
Not informative enough, OP.
What format is the CD? Are you going to store movie files on a data CD, or are you from Asia and love your video CD format?

In either case, you buy a video capture card or device that can input composite (or S-Video if you VHS player supports it) signals. They cost about $20-30.
>>
>>995466
>>995470

Thank you guys, it's what i needed, i did not knew that capture cards existed.

I think vhs videos are pretty nice, and i want to do some artsy stuff on my computer with it. If i wanted to convert to a cd it's because i wanted to burn the cd directly through a dvd writer plugged to the tv, but now that i heard about the capture card i won't need to transfer it to a cd, instead i'll just put the recording on my computer. i heard about the canopus, which is a digital video convert but it is expensive, i wanted a cheaper way of doing what i wanted, it seems that i've found what i wanted with a capture card.
>>
File: 1459860817840.jpg (96 KB, 1064x446) Image search: [Google]
1459860817840.jpg
96 KB, 1064x446
i use this thing. alot easier than using the computer.
>>
File: 1463589519731.jpg (49 KB, 956x279) Image search: [Google]
1463589519731.jpg
49 KB, 956x279
used to use this thing connected to vhs player but other unit is just that much more easier.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.