[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Analogue Television / Signal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: analog-tv.jpg (26 KB, 300x210) Image search: [Google]
analog-tv.jpg
26 KB, 300x210
So basically we all know that analogue signals that were once used for T.V are basically not used anymore (at least in Australia). So why aren't they being utilised for anything else then? I doubt it's even monitored anymore so the law wouldn't affect it too much
>>
the main driver for getting rid of analog TV was for govts to create a windfall of one-time revenue as they auction off the spectrum to private enterprise. so, no, it's not yours to play with.
>>
>>995171
any source on the one time revenue thing? I cant find anything on it, or was it american?
>>
think previous anon was prob. thinking more of mobile phone frequencies. These were definitely auctioned.

Some of the old TV frequencies are used for DAB radio, but otherwise, in principle, you right enough, lot of previous analogue TV broadcast frequencies are unused - Bongoland, you can actually use these (license free) if device automatically avoids intereference with existing users, or you can apply for a manually configured license. MS and all sorts of people were doing WiFi trials in this space, dunno how that ended. aka white spaces, see:

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/spectrum/tv-white-spaces/

That just UK tho, who strangely I think are the only country who allow 'free' (or at least non-licensed) usage (its not like them) - AUS, heard they are pretty harsh with pirate radio and stuff, using a frequency for whatever would be exactly same principle, stress if busted. And 'unmonitored' is fucking nothing.
>>
>>995164
They all got re-purposed from memory
https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2004H03679
>>
We dropped VHF low band. Ch 3 and 4 fell in the FM broadcast radio band anyhow. VHF high band is fairly full in capital cities.
Ch6 Seven network
Ch7 SBS
Ch8 Nine network
Ch9C DAB+ Digital radio
Ch11 Ten network
Ch12 ABC

The UHF band has been crammed together to produce the "digital dividend" which was sold off for 4G services.

Yes there are blank channels and you can use them for specific purposes provided you comply with the regulations.

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2015L01438
>>
>>995164
how does digital signal even work, is it like a blip or something.
>>
>>995190
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthogonal_frequency-division_multiplexing
>>
>>995185
>i
that was superseded though?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.