[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3D printer made with Kennex
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: DSCN8545.jpg (62 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
DSCN8545.jpg
62 KB, 1024x768
I have been looking for some time to make a 3d printer but lack of materials like ABS printed pieces or wood cutting habilities..Also knowledge.. sooo I wondered if I could manage to make a small 3d printer to make pieces for a bigger one using Kennex for start. I know I will have to spend some money for motors and an stuff, but try to be as less as possible. To move the motors don't know what to use. I was thinking about using Arduino to mount the motors cause i google it but not sure if it's the best option.
>>
If you have to ask this question, then you don't have nearly the knowledge it would take to make a precision machine like a 3D printer.

Knex won't be stable enough, you'll get shitty prints.
>>
>>994902
It has been done, It took 3 sec to look it up in a search engine ; https://3dprint.com/11001/mec-nex-3d-printer-k-nex/

I've read something about using stepper motors from old regular printers and stuff like that but the printbed and the hotend are huge issues when you're making a 3d printer yourself from low cost materials. Its also more difficult to calibrate.

So you'll most likely end up with low quality prints either way.
>>
>>994904
And as we all know, it's impossible to acquire knowledge you don't already have.
>>
When I mean I lack knowledge is in woodwork and in Ardurino, not in how to make it, they are tons of info on that. Thx i didn't remember it was K'nex thought it was just Kennex like that, I know i will get shit prints cause i got a shit to work with, the idea is making something to make a better one. the problem is how hell i'm gona get a UV-resina like the one Coleman uses.. not my in mind making SLA or SLS, not at this point but Chimera seduces me. Anyway.. thx to know someone did a K'nex. First thing is first to get, and is an Arduino it will take like 1 week at least with shipping, so.. any recommendations?
>>
File: Pretentious Woodworker05.png (102 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Pretentious Woodworker05.png
102 KB, 400x400
>>994904
>>
File: SPERGHOUND.jpg (82 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
SPERGHOUND.jpg
82 KB, 550x550
>>995008
>le memes
3d print yourself a dildo to choke to death on.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.