[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to fence in a small area (about 3'x4') and have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4
File: fence.jpg (37 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
fence.jpg
37 KB, 350x350
I want to fence in a small area (about 3'x4') and have one of the sides of the fence be completely removable. What would be a good type of fastener to use for the removable side? The side needs to be secure when attached but relatively easy to remove. I can't just use a hinge because I want to completely remove the side of the fence, not just open it. I'm sure there's something out there, I just don't know what the proper term to search for is.
>>
slots, so you can slide the panel up and remove it.
or screws if you are lazy and have a drill close at all times.
>>
>>994868
>slots
Thanks, that seems feasible. Maybe I could even cut the slots like an upside down L shape and have dowels coming out of the removable side so I could slide it in from the side and then down rather than having the slide it all the way up and down.
>>
File: 61D-n8-0o5L._SY355_[1].jpg (11 KB, 337x355) Image search: [Google]
61D-n8-0o5L._SY355_[1].jpg
11 KB, 337x355
>>994868
>slots, so you can slide the panel up and remove it.

I was going to recommend loking into stake bed hardware. Because that's pretty much what they do.
>>
File: Picture.jpg (103 KB, 454x340) Image search: [Google]
Picture.jpg
103 KB, 454x340
>>994881
You really don't need to buy special hardware for this.
>>
you could use a hinge, as long as it was a style that allows you to slide out the pin
>>
File: RemovableBollards[1].jpg (64 KB, 1200x824) Image search: [Google]
RemovableBollards[1].jpg
64 KB, 1200x824
>>994860
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.