[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fucked nut removal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 20160515_224646.jpg (2 MB, 1948x1585) Image search: [Google]
20160515_224646.jpg
2 MB, 1948x1585
This nut is being a real bitch to get off.

Wd40 didn't work. Bust a nut didn't work. Freeze off didnt work. Damaged nut remover just peeled the crome cover off it. Hammering slighltly under sized sockets on was a waste of time. I even tried drilling the threads so i could peel the nut apart. That didnt really work but it did seem to allow lubricant to get where it is needed and it turned with a hammered on socket but only until the two edges made by the drilling met.

Clearly I am not conceened with the lug or the nut at this point. Id like to not fuck the wheel up much more becuase I want to sell the vehicle soon.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
>>
>>994141
you really busted a nut there, anon
>>
>>994141
Use a grinder with a cut off wheel and just cut through the whole damn thing.
>>
find a large nut that the ID barely fits around the toasted nut. align it over the screwed up nut. weld the inner part of the new nut to the old messed up nut. the heat will help with the removal and you have a good nut to grab with a socket.
>>
>>994141
It isn't a left-hand thread, is it?
>>
>>994155
nailed it
>>
>>994141
Tried everything, but vice grips, GG anon. GG. 10/10 troll.
>>
Did you get it?
>>
Die grinder.
>>
>>994183
Assuming this is OP.

/thread?
>>
Is that a jeep or other chrysler product? I see that all the time. Best way is to drill it out. I've seen guys use a torch, but that kinda fucks up the wheel. Drill it a bunch, smack the tire from the inside with a hammer. Should break off.
>>
>>994145
You must be retarded
>>
>>994653

This. Best option is to drill the stud out without damaging the splines in the hub.
>>
weld another nut on top
>>
cut the nut with a dremel, or a chisel
>>
>>994155
Who puts left hand thread on a tire lug nut?
>>
>>994653
I had a Dodge Caravan lug nut seize like this too.
It was pretty awful to get it off.

Didnt know it was a chrysler thing.
>>
>>995158
Yeah, the trick is rip off the chrome cover thing, use an 18mm 6pt socket. Usually it gets rounded, 18mm gets hammered on, slips, then 17, so on until it looks like that. Next time just cut the chrome part with dykes, rip it off with vice grips. Then use 18mm socket. If you do have to drill it off it usually doesn't take too long to drill it to the point you can break it off.
>>
>>994141
You fucked up OP. Either drill it out or weld a nut on there.
>>
File: 1395345498128.jpg (24 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
1395345498128.jpg
24 KB, 534x401
>>994141
>Bust a nut didn't work
You masturbated on your nut?
Never heard of that little screw removal trick
>>
>>994653
Using a torch doesn't fuck anything unless you're using a tiger torch wide open you dumb fuck
>>
>>994141
Its already too fucked to do anything other than welding a new nut over it.
>>
>>995158
Exclusively Chrysler, somehow. Ford and GM use those lug nuts with the chrome covers and I've never had a problem with them, only Chrysler. It's not even a diamlerchrysler/cerberus exclusive thing, I had it happen on a dodge dart a few months ago.
>>
>>995497
It will just break off. The lugnut is shit metal, and it's already thinned out from the removal attempts. The weld won't break, a chunk of the lugnut will come off with the welded nut. Need to drill it.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.