[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a Diablo 80 tooth D1080x blade that has gotten dull and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1421856772063.jpg (111 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1421856772063.jpg
111 KB, 600x400
I have a Diablo 80 tooth D1080x blade that has gotten dull and covered with sap.

Is it worth trying to sharpen or should I just get a new blade?
>>
BTW It's for my Ryobi 10" miter saw.
>>
Cutting green wood with a miter saw?
>>
http://woodgears.ca/table_saw/sharpening_jig.html
>>
>>994035
Nope, just framing lumber.
>>
>>994022
Go to the ReStore (Habitat for Humanity thrift store), buy saw blades for a dollar each.
>>
>>994160
The ReStores near me are usually about 1.5-2x the price of a regular home improvement store.
>>
>>994302
Haggle maybe?

It's probably a decent thing to do, since the charity is still raising funds.
>>
>>994022
step one, take a look at all the teeth (it helps to mark one with a sharpie so you know your starting point), see if there's any big chips or missing teeth.
>>
>>994022
Cleaning the blade will make a huge difference in cuts, even in a dull blade
Also its easy to hand sharpen the blades.

Dont be a little girly and just do it.
>>
>>994022
you might be able to use a fine diamond hone like such: http://www.amazon.com/SE-74330DF-6-Piece-Flat-Diamond/dp/B001EPZ71C
>>
You should be able to get it retoothed, possibly where you bought it. Most modern carbide blades allow for it.
>>
>>994302

This. It's a fucking ripoff. Brand new prices for beat to shit stuff, and the brand new shit they sell is 4x more than it should be.

I'm all for charity, but this is just blatant price gouging under the guise of charity, and I'm not OK with that.
>>
>>994600
What is the best substance for removing the sap?
>>
>>997328
sap is sugar what dissolves suger?
>>
>>997332
Oh yeah lol! I'll just use cookie milk.
>>
ammonia, the cleaner , is the best to clean blades.
Soak the blade in pan the size of the blade then use tooth brush/ acid brush rub off residue. rinse w/ water. Only need to soak hour or so. 5gal pail lid works for the big blades, just enough ammonia to cover blade.
Makes a big difference.
>>
>>997328
I use Simple Green Pro HD. Regular simple green works great too, but its apparently corrosive enough to metal and can cause brittleness that will rip off teeth.

The Pro HD stuff is not corrosive
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.