[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So it's building time! I decided to start building a house.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: house-on-fire.jpg (75 KB, 693x475) Image search: [Google]
house-on-fire.jpg
75 KB, 693x475
So it's building time!

I decided to start building a house. For that you need an architect. I wonder if I'm alone with my frustration (rage?) in hte fdact that architects don't seem to care about my scetches. I drew both the house and the garage in 3D, with quite some detail. Immediately when they got their hands oon the plans trhey needed to start adding windows, changing measurements and shit!
After the first architect was so slow and didn't listen to our ideas (didn't look at the original plans) we changed the architect for the garage. And now it's the same deal!
I drew the carport to be 3m. Now it's 3,5m! What the fuck! Are these guys all the same or did we just happen to get the two rotten apples?
Architects are in a splendid situation with the builders having tons of money still so maybe they are used to overcharging? I don't know. This just pisses me off and I hope you guys have better luck with your makers of plans...
>>
>>993834
>I want architects to follow MY DRAWING!!! EXACTLY!!!!!!
Why do you use an architect again?
>>
Architects are giant fucking con artists. I built a house this past year with bids between 8-14% of construction costs for a smallish 2000 sq ft house. Over 15,000$. Then I got lucky and found a draftsman who did all the same work, the building schedule prints etc, worked with an engineer all for 1200$. And built it exactly as I wanted. Architects are typical college educated pretentious middlemen offering no value whatsoever unless you have money to burn.
>>
>>993834
You're talking to an architect because he knows 3m is dumb for a garage door, eg you can't buy a cheap garage door to fit it, you will find it annoying to walk around and exciting to park in, or it may even be too narrow to be co sideres a garage by local housing authority so that .5m might take 70k off your resale value because now your house doesn't t have a garage

This same logic applies to Windows, closets, wedding caking your 2nd story so it doesn't look like a soviet housing project....
>>
>>993859
Lol what the fuck. I took sketches of what I wanted to an architect here in Canada and had my plans drawn up for $500 bucks. Framing, wiring, pipes, basement. Everything.
>>
>>993834
You could just stop being a fucking special snowflake and just buy a blueprint to your liking retard.
>>
>>993859
You could have saved more by going directly to the builders. You got conned.
>>
Architects are the scum of the earth.
They want their creative freedom to flow so they want to design a house they like and they don't really care whether or not you like it. You should hire an engineer to do the drawings for you. If he chances something it is because it has to be like that because regulation or structural integrity. Try to stear clear of architects since they consider themselves quite the artist.
>>
>>993983
Architects are the worst, they don't really do anything. Not sure why anyone would hire them.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.