[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Building a festival sound box
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: components.jpg (367 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
components.jpg
367 KB, 1000x1000
Hey guys,

so we're going on festival soon, and I have some parts left from various car setups from which I want to build a music box.

In the image you can see the components I have. I've got two questions though:
- Can I use the input of the amplifier and connect it with a chinch-to-aux cable, so I can directly connect a smartphone to it? For a car radio you need a hi-lo-adapter... so this should work out right?
- Will the battery last for a reasonable time? If it is completely full

Sorry for the bad montage lol. Thanks in advance for help!
>>
>>993339
Also, any improvements are greatly appreciated.
>>
>>993339
Bumping with hope!
>>
>>993339
Nobody have an idea?
>>
>>993339
You should be able to find a workable output on your phone and input gain on your amp. Both are fairly flexible.
The life of the battery is going to depend on a lot of things, including the cabinet and configuration you build for your speakers, and how old/abused it is it's self. There's a lot of ways to be efficient here, but you're not going to like how much self education it will take to get it above average.
As for the impedances and wiring I'm not going to bother to see if those components are workable in that/any configuration electrically. If you don't understand that you should just pawn it all.
>>
Regarding the battery, get a 12v leisure battery instead of a car battery. They tend to have higher Ah and lower A.

I've used both, and about 14-16 hours of music will drain a car battery while a good leisure battery will keep your neighbouring camps awake for a week.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.