[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>watching videos of ppl making "cheap alternatives to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: DIYfag.jpg (16 KB, 293x372) Image search: [Google]
DIYfag.jpg
16 KB, 293x372
>watching videos of ppl making "cheap alternatives to an AC unit" that involves spending nearly $100 for the actual contraption then only taking the cost of the fan running on high and loud as fuck into the cost affect and not the fact that you have to run your freezer to keep making ice, then manually emptying several gallons of water out every hour or so while not spilling it and the only air in the room that is cool is the area immediately infront of the fan (one guy literally holds his thermal gun to the side showing its almost 90, then WOW 66 2 FEET INFRONT :3

>DEE EYE WHY
>>
Yeah, it is silly. I wish the Fed.gov would fund more research into phase change AC alternatives instead of banning known good refrigerants.
>>
>>992720
As a poor fuck who can't survive over 75 degree temps without AC, I understand your frustration.
>>
>>993745
Have you looked into a swamp cooler? It wouldn't work if you live in a humid place but beyond that it's pretty close to AC.
>>
>>993745
Dude seriously, balls the fuck up and tough it out. It's in the 90s with like 85% humidity all summer long here and I live without A/C, spending most of my time outside.

Inb4 Third world.
>>
>>993788
Agreed, I don't see how these btches cant handle it...

Everyone gives out about CO2 and climate change, but refuses to turn off the AC
>>
>>993745
I suggest moving your living and work quarters underground. It's what I do every summer. Rock wall cellars ftw.

>>993794
Because if you don't give out about CO2 and climate change "peaceful protesters" will burn your house down (as ironic as that sounds).

>>993788
Actually fat. But I'm working on it.
>>
>>992720
People love to save money. That is the only aspect they care about. They ignore the fact that for double the budget they could have an efficient working product instead of an inefficient half ass project that they sunk 5-10 hours into.
>>
>>993788
Fuck that. I sweat like a pig at 75.
>>993764
Swamp coolers suck ass. I have an AC, but it's super shitty. Gets the job done I guess.
>>
Alright hear me out

ok

Super conductor insulated roofs

Not only does it insulate heat, but it super cools it, thus your home needing AC for one day to cool for the week
>>
File: 20160516_123511~01.jpg (311 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160516_123511~01.jpg
311 KB, 1920x1440
Greetings from that autist with the cooling vest.

>>993745
I know that feel bro.

>>992720
$45 so far, but the batteries are going to cost $50+. Oh and I've spent close to 100 hours on R&D so far. And it doesn't even work yet.
>>
>>994107
Just attach peltiers to it and you have limitless energy and you can summon demons. Perfect.b
>>
>>992720
most of the videos are there to generate views and ad revenue, rather than actually do anything useful
>>
>>994148
Ad revenue you can use to buy a real air conditioner!
>>
>>994111
That thing hasn't killed you yet?
>>
>>994186
Not yet.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.