[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, I need some advice regarding a school project. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: zine-cropped_0008_Layer-11.jpg (552 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
zine-cropped_0008_Layer-11.jpg
552 KB, 1000x750
Hello, I need some advice regarding a school project. I'm going to build a car that is driven by an elastic band, and I would like all general thoughts that you could share. Thank you in advance.
>>
>>992367
An electric band hasn't got any hands, how do you expect it to hold the steering wheel?
>>
Well, I know elastic bands are made of elastic, and that cars use wheels to move along the ground.
>>
>>992367
Yeah, I had to build one of those in high school, and as I recall the most important thing was that any fucking idiot can build one, so figure it the fuck out.
>>
>>992367
Stretching the band will convert kinetic energy to potential energy. Releasing it will convert it back to kinetic energy.
You could use this to make the car move
>>
Levers
>>
>>992367
I used a string tied to a mousetrap to pull rubber band attached to the wheel back when I did a project similar to this
>>
>>992367
I helped my kids to them in middle school. Here's a tip. Use old cd's for wheels. Stretch a rubber band around the wheels so that it doesn't peel out when launched.
>>
>>992367
had to do one of these, get a piece of surgical rubber if you can,
if not for my makeshift sail and a windy day i woulda lost by a longshot to a skateboard with a 3ft surgical rubber strip
>>
>>992367
get really drunk before you do your presentation.
>>
this is middle school homework shit
underage b&
>>
>>992367
You have to be 18+ to post here
>>
I made a Lego mousetrap car that went 77 ft. Physics teacher wanted to enshrine it for future classes to study, but fuck that. Legos are expensive, m8.
>>
See if you can get in touch with Jerry. He used to be a race car driver. He'd know how to make it go fast. He never really won anything though but I don't think he ever came in last.
>>
Get Legos.
Gear reduction.
Low weight.
Profit.
>>
>>992534
best advice so far, came here to say this
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcvawgS9_ig
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.