[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
microwave
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
I wanna make a microwave.
Can anyone give me links or tips?
>>
>>992204
bumperino
>>
>>992204
Take a wave and make it really tiny, like really.

There's no way you can make a microwave without acquiring the main components, like the magnetron, transformer and the metal case, and at that point it's probably wiser to buy one rather than to nigger rig it together.
>>
>>992211
i wana make it cause science, not cause i wil use it, please help me
>>
>>992204
microwave oven, commonly referred to as a microwave, is a kitchen appliance that heats and cooks food by exposing it to microwave radiation in the electromagnetic spectrum. This induces polar molecules in the food to rotate and produce thermal energy in a process known as dielectric heating. Microwave ovens heat foods quickly and efficiently because excitation is fairly uniform in the outer 25–38 mm (1–1.5 inches) of a homogenous (high water content) food item; food is more evenly heated throughout (except in heterogeneous, dense objects) than generally occurs in other cooking techniques.
>>
File: e5500_sm_guide_photo.gif (57 KB, 615x371) Image search: [Google]
e5500_sm_guide_photo.gif
57 KB, 615x371
>>992212
Build a 2,450Mhz oscillator circuit, put antenna inside a metal box. That's basically what a conventional microwave does, but it uses a far more powerful source, the magnetron is basically big oscillating vacuum tube. You'll never achieve that output power with modern components unless you spend a fortune, your microwave will have a shitty output power. Maybe you could build one out of a wifi antenna.
>>
>>992218
whats that?
>>
>>992218
What the the hell are you talkin about?
>>
>>992212
if you dont know how, you dont know how. a microwave is not a weekend project
>>
>>992245
im gonna spend my next 5 years trying to build a microwave
>>
>>992204
Take apart an old scrap microwave and use the components to build a new microwave.
>>
>>992249
i wanna build of part of each component homemade do it yourself
>>
>>992247
That seems like an incredible waste of time.
>>
Beware of cancer.
>>
>>992204
this is the best way to die in pain.
And get a Darvin's awward
>>
If you genuinely want to build a microwave, i can say with complete certainty that you have no idea how they work or how complex they are.

Building your own magnetron, wave guide, vacuum tube, power unit, controller piece, transformer, cooler, and a capacitor with enough power to kill you, seems like a needlessly difficult exercise and not very fun, especially on a hobby level.

Microwaves as you know them are extremely well optimized and absurdly dangerous. Please seriously reconsider this project.
>>
>>992428
You realize a microwave oven has nothing but electronic components in it right? Its not inherently cancerous. Microwave EM waves maybe, but even with that theres a massive lack of research to conclusively say they cause cancer.

tl;dr: microwaves wont give you cancer
>>
>>992428
>>993805
microwaves do not generate ionizing radiation meaning they do not give cancer. you could stick your head in the microwave and run it for 5 minutes and you would never get cancer. yes it will pop all of your blood vessels and cells and boil your brain, but it wouldnt give you cancer.
>>
>>993858
>microwaves do not generate ionizing radiation meaning they do not give cancer

Ionizing radiations aren't the only thing that can give you cancer.
>>
>>992250
That's noble
>brb, making some mosfets and a set of large gears with very tight tolerances for my next project
>>
File: bait.png (14 KB, 220x300) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
14 KB, 220x300
Nice bait.
If you want to have fun with EM radiation, try to make a linear accelerator first. It teaches you how to deal with extremely high voltages in the first place, and you could even use the HV components of old microwave oven for it.

Then, if you find out how to wind and power-up your own HV transformer and don't kill yourself doing it, you can proceed to make resonators like the magnetron.

I personally
>>
>>993926
>I personally
.. start with the suicide device first. That is, a microwave oven transformer (known as MOT) connected to two probes on the body, with timer. Enjoying my last seconds..
>>
>>993893
You're right, the plastic case probably caused cancer if you eat it
>>
>>993805
>>993858
Actually the magnetron contains beryllium oxide, and that's quite carcinogenic if inhaled.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.