[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have too much time on my hands and I want to make shit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: image.gif (158 KB, 499x300) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
158 KB, 499x300
So I have too much time on my hands and I want to make shit.
The problem is I know fuck all when it comes to being a handy man and crafting stuff.
So what can I make?
Im thinking working with wood
I have the basic tool set
Help me please
>>
>>991677
I kind of want to make a bow
I want to make stuff that is useful
Stuff than can be carved
Idk I just want to know easy stuff to make that I can make and get some experience working with my hand
>>
File: 5 reasons to kill yourself.jpg (76 KB, 878x814) Image search: [Google]
5 reasons to kill yourself.jpg
76 KB, 878x814
why don't you try google faggot? maybe you could start by doing something yourself instead of needing people to tell you what is interesting for you. if you would have just fucking lurked the board before immediately posting your autistic op you would have found something inspiring.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 800x798) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 800x798
>>991684
I have spent some time but for some reason all the results are from Pinterest and websites like that
Easy projects result in
>how to make a tampon shelf out of pallets
Or some stupid shit
>>
>>991691
if that's the best work you can do using the internet as a tool i don't have much hope for whatever you can produce using actual tools.
>>
>>991677
First of all what is in this "basic tool set"?

>>991683
>bow
>useful
>carved

These are all contradictions.
>>
>>991697
Various sharp things, knife, ax, machete, screw drivers, hammer, some wrenches, that's pretty much it
>>
>>991700
sure sounds like a lot of possibilities for woodworking there. gonna be hard without a drill or saw. maybe you can chop down a tree with the ax and carve it into a dildo with various sharp things so you can go fuck yourself. helpful post op.
>>
File: rejoice.jpg (84 KB, 639x408) Image search: [Google]
rejoice.jpg
84 KB, 639x408
>>991677
Go primitive. Start at the paleolithic and work you way up using naturally occurring materials found innawoods.

Find some flint, chert, quartzite, or obsidian and knap some primitive carving/scraping tools.
Find some basalt and grind a hand-axe.
Chop down some trees with the hand-axe, and make a celt, adze, fire-board & drill.
Make some cordage from plant fibre.
Make a pottery kiln and some fired pots from clay you found and dug yourself.
Smelt some fucking ore.

When you start from nothing and work your way up you'll appreciate complex materials, craftmanship, and engineering in a whole new way and then you'll find it much easier and more rewarding to get into modern carpentry, metalworking, etc.
>>
>>991856
what utter bullshit. That is incredible.
>>
>>992084
seriously you can. i got a magnet out of some old speakers that i found in the garbage, used the magnet to collect magnetic black sand from the beach and melted it down in a simple earthen forge with coal i found near the train tracks and made a nice knife.
>>
>>991677
I'm sorry everyone on this board seems to be fucking assholes who can't do anything but bitch at you.

Do you have a backyard? Or a garage? You could start by making things that would be useful for them.

Some thoughts,
A picnic table with benches and handmade umbrella.
A shed
A work bench for your garage where you can keep tools and a vice and ongoing projects.
Shelving units to make your garage more organized
A sandbox for your kids
A wooden sun/rain shelter to lounge around in in the summer
Furniture

Hopefully one of those works or inspires another idea, good luck.
>>
make some basic stuff that will be useful when making more complex things, like a tool-tote and saw-horses, a work-bench and so on.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.