[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /diy/, been seeing some roaches around my house, best method
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 768x513) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 768x513
Hey /diy/, been seeing some roaches around my house, best method of killing them during night when they sneak in?
>>
They live in your house. They're not sneaking in at night. By the time they're visible, you probably have many thousands living in your house. Call a reputable exterminator.
>>
>>990805

Soap and water (Make sure the knob is in "spray" in which it scatters so you can shoot them. Be sure you hit the head and abdomen with the soap and water in the bottle, if successful, they can die in almost a minute.

"The soapy water kills them by forming a thin film over the roach's breathing pores that stays in place due to surface tension, causing the roach to suffocate.
Throw the roach away as soon as possible, since it could recover if the water dries up or has not touched a large percentage of its body."

You'll need to be awake for that, otherwise if you don't want to try, do soda bottles if you got them, easy to get any size. "Take a plastic soda bottle and cut off the top where it curves. Invert the top and place it into the body of the bottle so that it acts like a funnel inside the bottle. Tape it into place around the rim. Pour a bit of water with soap in the bottom of the bottle, and set the trap in a place where roaches hang out. They'll craw into the trap and drown."

Clean your fucking house while you're at it, so it won't happen again.
>>
>>990810

Well, I was a former exterminator, professional extermination tools is a last resort if there's a big amount, but if it's a small case scenario, then soda traps with soap and water taped together can do, OP needs to be more specific on how many roaches he/she has in the house, there's no number.
>>
a buttload of boric acid and this
/www.amazon.com/Dupont-Advion-Cockroach-Roach-Plunger/dp/B004408EUA
>>
>>990842

I was thinking either that or >>990811 idea, but I'll look at them both and try out. If >>990811 fails me, then I'll look into your method.
>>
File: roachannihilator.jpg (171 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
roachannihilator.jpg
171 KB, 800x800
>>990805
<----takes them right the fuck out, any brand, they can't build immunity to it, and they're terrified of it. Great for spot killing, boric acid around to take out the sneaky ones. Find a hole they come out of and mercilessly spray the shit in and it'll flush them all out.
>>
>>990849
when I used it before they literally were swarming around it, and I think it did eventually make a difference, you just have to re-apply it to kill the later generations
>>
>>990814
one big roach indicates hundreds of smaller roaches. you cant just kill one roach and expect them to all fuck off.

t. not mr professional exterminator
>>
>>990805
If youre afraid of hardcore chemicals you can use a shit ton of dry ice, make sure your house is nice and sealed and take a day vacation to a shitty hotel.

If youre not afraid of hardcore chemical. used hardcore chemicals
>>
File: 1462759620630.webm (1 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1462759620630.webm
1 MB, 480x360
>>
File: hadescoffeecup.jpg (321 KB, 792x825) Image search: [Google]
hadescoffeecup.jpg
321 KB, 792x825
>>990875

Now that's a funny idea if OP is afraid of hardcore chemicals.

>>990877

Is that a commercial of some sort?

>>990866

One anon does not identify themselves as anything they think they can be. Any roach can have attention drawn to anything, kill one roach, they all can be aware that that one roach got crushed like a fucking trash compactor like I'm playing banjo tooie.
>>
>>990805
Clean your fucking shithole.
Squirt every crevice with boric acid/diatomaceous earth.
Caulk every crevice, expanding foam every hole.
Put out roach hotels/traps/bait/etc.

But above all, Clean Your Fucking Shithole! If you place is clean roaches don't stay.
>>
don't click
>>
To deal with my apartments roach problem I used the $15 gallon spray from the supermarket. Worked great. Sprayed every entrance into my section, around light fixtures, sinks, sink pipes, basically every hole in the place. They died within 10 feet of entering my apartment. I could keep my place clean but I couldn't keep my neighbors clean. After about 20 2" sized ones died, they stopped coming around.
>>
File: Yrertw.png (133 KB, 397x295) Image search: [Google]
Yrertw.png
133 KB, 397x295
>>990805

They don't sneak in at night, they only get in if they get attracted by a hole or crack in the wall, or by the use of food left around for days, see this:

http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Roaches

If you want to tow them away, do as the rest of everyone says, clean that fucking house and set up traps in every area, whether roaches are in that room or not, they'll go anywhere to escape a attacker.

If you got a professional spray, spray the entry for roaches and spray the exit, spraying the entry way allows roaches to come in, so they'll die in minutes, if they attempt to go through the exit, it's a second dose of shortness of breath.

Bringing any bit of food into a room and leaving any room dirty will encourage them to go in and then make you sick.

I'd prefer to use high quality material to prevent reinfestation rather than short budget, unless you're poor in terms of money.

>>990904

How many minutes did it take for them to die?

>>990866

One roach gets drawn to a dirty room, it'll encourage more to come in. If one gets killed, another can take it's place.

>>990879

I don't get the joke... Anyways, forget the joke, it's not comedy central.

But yes, OP, if you got holes or cracks, FIX THEM. By fixing them, roaches have less alternative methods to getting in, besides the front door (In which they can only get through in my domain)

Crushing them can draw more, so the best advice is to crash their little party by setting traps and making sure they don't want to come in.
>>
>>992271

OP here, want to try sugar and baking soda, will baking powder do as I don't have baking soda?
>>
File: hades_by_kritken-d5zmggd.png (351 KB, 600x515) Image search: [Google]
hades_by_kritken-d5zmggd.png
351 KB, 600x515
>>992293
>>990805

Why don't you check em down? Doing a search, I was looking about that, yes, either can do, try all the methods mentioned in the thread OP along with it.

I thought that the baking soda and sugar method was a alternative, but powder and sugar, I didn't know...
>>
>>990805
I use rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle, kills them in less than 30 seconds
>>
>>992271
The time it took for them to scurry 10feet in a straight line so 1-2 seconds. Most of the 10 feet was them slowing down as the poison took hold.
>>
>>990814
As a former exterminator were you ever afraid of pests like roaches scorpions spiders or rats and mice because I'm a huge pussy when it comes to roaches and sometimes scorpions
>>
>>992486

No, not as much, but doing very big exterminations required a lot of knowledge and knowing where every roach comes from in a house. Spiders, depends on the kind, if it's something like Black Widow spider, you don't want to get bitten by one, now as for scorpions, I don't live in a country area that has them.
>>
In my country there is a product called "the grandmom's secret" or in spanish "el secreto de la abuela" is so good!!!
>>
File: fire cleanses.jpg (75 KB, 600x481) Image search: [Google]
fire cleanses.jpg
75 KB, 600x481
>>990805
I am sorry OP but, you must set fire to your house.
It's the only way to be sure.
>>
>>990898
I didn't need sleep anyway.
>>
>>990805
This is relevant to my interests. Moved into a new apartment, I keep my shit clean as fuck, but a shower tile got loosened in the shower, and now they're all over the god damn bathroom. I'm getting caulk to seal everything tomorrow but what else should I do?
>>
>>990805
DIATOMACEOUS EARTH
>>
>>993696
OMFG U STOLE MY IDEA ASSHOLE
>>
File: advion.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
advion.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
Anyone every use the Advion roach bait gel? Does it work?
>>
>>993696
I used that shit for fireants and it did literally nothing but make a big fucking mess.
>>
I only have experience with German roaches, but the little shits are tenacious. Soap and water, borax, diatomaceous earth, all are useless. The things hide in all kinds of places you can't see and can live off of damn near everything. When food sources run scarce, they will eat soap from bathrooms. They can live off of the condensation from behind a refrigerator, fungus growing in wet places, whatever is organic. They reproduce like nobody's business. Unless for some reason you have access to neonicotinoid or organophosphate pesticides and equipment to apply them, don't expect to be able to DIY that shit. Call an exterminator. It cost me 350 bucks to get them out of my house. Affordable enough.
>>
>>993700

Yes it works great.

My classroom at school had a kitchen in it, was infested because of lazy kunts the year before. Used this on all the hinges, cracks, tight areas, etc. Cooked up boric acid + flour balls and dropped them behind the stove. Put Diatomaceous earth out in corners and under cabinets.

Took months, but I am now 100% uninfested.
>>
clean your goddamn house, they're not "sneaking in."
>>
>>993700

Pest Control Fag here.
Advion works great providing youre treating Oriental Cockroach, They will feed immediately.
Otherwise, Goliath Gel.
If heavy activity is present. Micro effect knock down spray will kill most, Advion will then take any remaining or yet to be hatched.
>>
just get a gecko and they will eat through your roach problem; you can't use geckos if you have glue traps for rats and mice lying around though
>>
>>995415
I suppose OP didn't invite the roaches to his house, so yea, they are sneaking in.
>>
They're not sneaking in, they're sneaking *out* of their hiding places. If you're seeing them, there's a fuckton more you can't see.

If they're not Germans, then you should be fine using borax - mix it with some fat or honey, and leave it in areas you've been seeing them.

If they are Germans and there's a lot of them, consider calling in a pro, because those fuckers are a PITA to get rid of. If there's not too many of them, you might be able to DIY by putting down some fipronil - you can buy it off ebay. It's expensive ($50 for 35g), but it's the single most effective treatment I've found for them.
>>
Hey OP, try this stuff called maxforce gel. Shit works really well.
>>
Buy a Permethrin based pesticide concentrate. You can get it on Amazon for ~$20. Make an appropriate solution and spray your house down. It's literally the same thing an exterminator will do and you'll be more thorough than they ever would be.
>>
File: shutterstock_177636458.jpg (133 KB, 500x353) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_177636458.jpg
133 KB, 500x353
Who has water bugs? If you have an old house here it seems like you have them, but nobody seems to react like they do if they see a roach. What's the difference in the two?
>>
>>1000000
>>
>>990805
If we had control of our southern borders this would not be happening.
>>
Tape traps are very effective. You can make them out of masking tape.
>>
>>1000939
10/10
>>
>>990805
Turkish are people too you know
>>
>>1001113
Gold.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.