[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My neighbor has a ton of bamboo sticks on the curb of various
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
My neighbor has a ton of bamboo sticks on the curb of various lengths and diameters fresh cut. I hate to see it go to waste. Can I get some ideas in how to dry them without cracking and what I can make them into?
>>
>>990734
That is, besides fishing rods.
>>
>>990734
bamboo fountain
>>
>>990734
Grow bean up them.
>>
>>990734

Which type of bamboo? I have never heard of bamboo cracking while drying.

Also there isn't much you can do with bamboo outside of craft ideas, trellis, lattice and what else that has already been mentioned
>>
File: BAMBOO VASE FLOWERS 02.jpg (345 KB, 522x672) Image search: [Google]
BAMBOO VASE FLOWERS 02.jpg
345 KB, 522x672
>>990734
>>
Make a pop gun.
Unless you are in England where it is illegal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_LZZ7N1W30
>>
File: 0000004.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1150) Image search: [Google]
0000004.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1150
google japanese bamboo lashing
>>
File: bamboo trellis.jpg (61 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
bamboo trellis.jpg
61 KB, 400x300
>>
File: survivor-instinct[1].jpg (54 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
survivor-instinct[1].jpg
54 KB, 640x480
>>990734
Watch some Gilligan's Island and get inspired.
>>
>make bonfire
>put fresh, uncut bamboo sticks
>light it
>enjoy
>>
insect hotel.
https://youtu.be/mO2LY5ZgBg4

if you have a garden, or your wife/husband/mum/whatever does this would make a great gift.

they help beneficial insects hibernate or get out of the sun, and encourages them into your garden.

can even sell them quite easily.
>>
>>990869
>>991007

He said sticks, so I figure that they are small diameter. But if they are larger diameter like these then his options increase significantly.
>>
I have a thin variety of bamboo In my garden and the sticks dont need much drying to get used/manipulated, i guess fat varieties need more drying
>>
>>991433

We generally tend to just use them while they are green and take to bending easier. They splinter less and the shrinkage is so minimal
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.