[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is making ball-jointed dolls a terribly difficult hobby to get into?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: file.png (754 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
file.png
754 KB, 600x800
Is making ball-jointed dolls a terribly difficult hobby to get into?
>>
I wanted to make my own doll but was thinking of embedding steel bearings and neodymium magnets into the joints instead of all that string shit.
>>
>>990739
Any tutorials you can share?
>>
This makes me uncomfortable
>>
>>990743
I saw someone doing it on instructables.com like 2 years ago but can't find it anymore.

I think he used a polymer clay and baked the magnet inside? Put a magnet in the ball joint and pieces of steel at the end of the limbs. That was like the extent of the instructable.
>>
>>990853
You and me both, anon
>>
>>990733
YOU might have better luck asking around /toy/s custom threads. They deal a lot more with joints and such than we do here.
>>
>>990733
>>>/jp/bjd
They're more on the buyfag side but they can almost certainly critique you on your design and technique as you go along.
>>
>>990733
Just save up for a real doll, senpai.
>>
>>992908
He needs to practice to be able to make a life-sized one.
>>
>>991085
Just check the curie point of the magnets and make sure you don't bake above that
>>
>>990733

http://dolltutorials.tumblr.com

plus there's some tutorials on deviantart for bjd
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.