[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bought this chair from a funeral Parlor. I don't know if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Resized_20160508_153349.jpg (269 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
Resized_20160508_153349.jpg
269 KB, 900x1600
Bought this chair from a funeral Parlor. I don't know if this is the right board to come to but I was wondering if anyone could give me any information on it
>>
File: Resized_20160508_153357.jpg (263 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
Resized_20160508_153357.jpg
263 KB, 900x1600
Side view
>>
Look for markings on the underside and post pics
>>
>>990653
Probably not the right board to come to, unless you want to restain or reupholster it or turn it into a jet pack or something.

Looks cool though!
>>
>>990653

furniture expert here

shit's definitely haunted
>>
>>990693
Yep. Definitely haunted. You can see the human agony in the knob on the back. Would not sit.
>>
>>990653
Looks like it is st8 out of the adams family.
>>
I'm no expert but I think it's Scandinavian. Pretty sweet find
>>
>>990653
I think the hole in the mouth is for sticking your dick in. It's the perfect height. Trust me, my uncle's brother-in-law is a chair expert.
>>
>>990701
Yeah the Flemish (Belgian Dutch) used to do that sort of stuff around 1890-1920, looks like its made of oak and no real way of telling if its authentic or of some kind of modern repo
>>
Fuck, that's cool.
10/10 would sit in.
>>
>>990707
Does he happen to be familiar with the guys on Pawn Stars?
>>
>>990693
>>990695
Dont listen to these assholes they dont know what they're talking about, its not haunted.

But its definitely cursed.
>>
>>990782
That got a giggle outta me mate
>>
File: sw00551a-1.jpg (329 KB, 1200x1800) Image search: [Google]
sw00551a-1.jpg
329 KB, 1200x1800
>>990653
>>990654

It looks like a Roman Curule seat. Google that or 'Roman style chair' for more info
>>
>>990844
I think this is the closest resemblance to what you are seeking. Were you able to find a manufacture brand? Also, what was the name of the funeral parlor? If it was something tucked away in the basement, you might find other furniture that was brought in at the same time that it was. Maybe find a shipping order. Do you have a date?
>>
for the love of dog OP, if you are still reading this thread do not do any DIY shit to that chair. give it to someone who knows what they are doing or sell it to an antiques shop.
>>
>>990754
it is definitely made out of oak

i'd suggest the OP to look underneath it and look for the tool marks (planer marks or circular saw marks would mean it was built in some factory or in the 20th century), look for the scribe marks, chisel marks, irregularities and inconsistencies in the stock the chair is made out of, also look for screws, carefully take them out; flathead screws made before the 1850's don't have a point.
but the best way would be if you'd found a tag with the manufacturer's name and serial number.
>>
>>990653

Need to look at the construction and underside. It's a 1930s style with the ribbed arms, but my gut thinks it's probably a 70s reproduction. There's just not enough aging or weathering to it.
>>
>>992711
Or the upholstery isn't original.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.