[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DIY PC Fan Hack or somthing like that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
I found an old pc fan and i wanted to customize it. Has anybody experience with that?
>>
>>990386
Yes.
>>
>>990386
I took one of the mega PC fans (the 1.5A) rated ones, stripped away everything but the rotor and stator, and 3D printed a 1 foot diameter set of quadcopter blades, epoxied them on, and slowly cranked the power.

At 12Vit was spinning kinda
at 20V it was wobbling
At 30V it started smoking
At 32V it took off, tipped over, shrapneled the blades, and started on fire.

In conclusion, I would not reccomend customizing computer fans.
>>
What's with /diy/ lately? Next some idiot is going to ask of there are any cool hacks he can do with 4 inches of string.
>>
>>990461
I personally like the penis noose. It's my personal spin on autoerotic asphyxiation.
>>
Another bullshit thread. How can you 'hack' (I think you mean modify you illiterate buffoon), a cheap shitty ching chong fan with any lasting or useful purpose? Why bother.
>>
>>990386
You can dye the plastic, control the speed with PWM, maybe add some LEDs. Most of this has been done. Strap it to a heatsink then put the heatsink on something that gets hot.

/thread
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.