[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Terrarium Decor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Im planning a DIY project for some interior accents. I plan on soldering brass foil tape to glass to form a terrarium. I'm capable of doing this. My holdup is I have no clue where to begin looking for custom glass cutting service who also screen or silk prints onto glass. I can could cut the glass by hand and have it sent in for printing but id rather have it machined and printed. Anyone happen to know what I should be searching for? Is there a specific name for this service?
>>
"dremel glass tip"
>>
The sad truth is your not capable of much, if you are here asking stupid questions that you could of just googled.
>>
>>989548
I'm taking out of my ass, but can you laser-engrave glass? You could go to a makerspace or uni or friend with a laser cutter
>>
>>989548
umm, you could cut that by hand with a $2 glass cutter. if you can you can cut it with a $35 tile saw from harborfreight. make sure you have pretty thick glass for the tile saw. you could also just pay someone at a local stained glass supply place to cut it by hand for you.
>>
>>989550
>>989574
>>989575
>>989638
Cutting is not my issue. I can cut it but. I need to have it printed and cut in the same location. Finding this service is my issue.
>>
Don't know your location but you could also use an etching paste. Make a template of the design you want,or use a stencil. secure it to your glass, brush the paste on. Leave on for directed amount of time then rinse off and remove template or stencil. Armor makes a good one that's easy to use.
>>
File: 1437266495mzd.jpg (11 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1437266495mzd.jpg
11 KB, 400x225
>>989808
cant draw the graphic by hand, needs to be printed.
pic related
>>
>>989797
laser "cutters" can engrave as well as cut glass, either or both on the same machine, by changing power/speed settings
>>
>>990152
but what about detailed color?
>>
>>990171
Could you just do water transfer printing to put the design onto the glass and then cut it? If you plan it well and cut it into the proper shapes, I think it would be fairly easy.
>>
>>990171
Or hell, instead of water transfer printing you could just get it printed online on clear plastic (like window clinging film) and then cut that to fit onto the glass panels.
>>
>>989574
>could of
Lrn2english.
>>
>>990151
Get some transparent sticker sheets, print and stick.
>>989797
>need to have it printed and cut in the same location
What better location than your own home? You're on /diy/, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>990195
>>990199
thanks for the helpful suggestions. we wanted to go with printing for a better quality product. We don't want the film to peel off or lose its adhesive quality over time.
>>
>>990206
again thanks for the suggestion, needs to be printed on the glass though.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.