[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skulls wanted, bones of any kind really.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: ramph.jpg (48 KB, 720x592) Image search: [Google]
ramph.jpg
48 KB, 720x592
I really like doing ink work on bones. This isn't on /IC/ because all I want is advice on how to get more bones economically. I walk in the woods pretty often and find things rarely but they're either never complete, or so recent a bleach bath wouldn't clean them.
TL;DR I need bones for cheap, preferably skulls. Advice wanted.
>>
>>989405
Make friends with hunters, farmers, and butchers.
>>
1.Go to the humane society.
2.Adopt animal with bones of choice
3.Drop in pale of acid
4 Repeat steps 1-3
>>
>>989412
That'd work to an extent but the possible arrest, small variety of skulls and the price of a powerful enough acid make that plan less than economical or desirable.
>>
>>989405
>find things rarely but they're either never complete,

That's because other critters took parts and scurried off with them.

I have a wild boar's skull I found out back behind my property. Just a skull without the tusks. Must have been something big and badass to take down a boar.
>>
Fleamarkets, roadkill, or ask some hunters.
>>
>>989405
Hunters and butchers.
>>
>>989410
>>989438
this
>>989412
strong acids can dissolves bones
get sodium hydroxide (lye drain cleaner) and make an alkaline stew (it shouldn't dissolve it, I think)
or you can leave it on a big anthill and the antbros will do the work for you
>>
>>989440
Would antbros do the same for road kill?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.