[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: resolution1.jpg (327 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
resolution1.jpg
327 KB, 1366x768
I need help with this.
I have this 8 years old desktop computer (¬¬ i cant afford a new one ¬¬) and recently i bought this 18.5 inches LG LED monitor, 19M35A, with a resolution of 1366x768. I have a GeForce 7300GT (i know, i know, its prehistoric). The monitor has a standar VGA connection.
My problem is that the "screen area" for programs is too small. The start menu almost cover the entire screen ¬¬. I work with graphic design, mapping and CAD software so i need more "screen area" for maximizing the software.
My question: Am I doing something wrong? Or this is the best "screen size" i can get with this resolution (1366x768)? If i upgrade to windows 10 (if i can...) can i get a bigger screen size? Or i need a bigger monitor? Or i have to return to windows XP for a "bigger screen"?
Thx.
>>
you need a better monitor, or more of them
>>
the fact that the start menu is big is irrelevant. when you maximize an app, it's virtually the same size on any Operating System. you can gain maybe 40 pixels in height if you auto-hide the taskbar.

if you set the resolution above the monitor's native resolution. the monitor may refuse to display anything, or it may compress the image. if it's the latter, it'll look pretty shit, so a new monitor is the best idea.
>>
>>989161
>work with graphic design

No you don't, otherwise you wouldn't be asking such bollocks, cheapo.
>>
take this shit to
>>>/g/
or
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>989289
º
ºº
>>
File: picard-facepalm.jpg (31 KB, 700x528) Image search: [Google]
picard-facepalm.jpg
31 KB, 700x528
>8 year old piece of shit computer
>old ass piece of shit video card
>using new monitor
>>
>>989161
Your monitor is your limitation. You should have got a bigger one, 23/24 inch at least.
>>
>>989474
It's not merely the screen size, but the max resolution on it. OP could wind up getting a 24" monitor that still has 1366x768.
>>
>>989161
Under the start menu i see your device manager highlighting 'pnp generico'. No idea what that is but getting drivers installed for all your shit might help.

I've run 14x10 and 16x10 on older weaker hardware than that, but you won't get far without proper drivers.

Also, what does that 'ejaculate' command do?
>>
>>989161
G here You can over scan but you would need 3rd party drivers, in sure someone had hacked it. Don't worry so much about needing your computer up you can boy into safe mode (assuming Windows,if you Linux then you wouldn't be here) and reinstall drivers. Overall get a new monitor, get a nice one and don't do this again
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.