[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arduino General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: adafruit-trinket-3v.png (177 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
adafruit-trinket-3v.png
177 KB, 800x800
What are the coolest projects you have seen that use an Arduino Uno or Adafruit Trinket. I have two of each and am slowly learning to work them.

I recently built a music box using the Uno. It plays Zelda's Lullaby and my friend loved it.

What have you guys been working on?
What do you want to build?
>>
File: _drink_cooler.jpg (42 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
_drink_cooler.jpg
42 KB, 375x500
Making a thermoelectric cooler with PID control using an Arduino Nano. Similar to the one in the pic.
>>
Slowly getting all the parts together for this https://youtu.be/s3dBox-LB7I. A midi synth guitar. Only need to buy the three softpots but those are expensive as fuck.
>>
>>989001
how i can get into arduinos?
>>
What do you mean MUSIC BOX ??
Simple mp3 player or a tradition style music box with metal pins for note's pitch?
I am really interested in any mechanical music box that could be made, with an Arduino brain
>>
File: TrumpShrine.gif (2 MB, 380x214) Image search: [Google]
TrumpShrine.gif
2 MB, 380x214
>>989172

Step 1: buy an Arduino
Step 2: watch YouTube videos
Step 3: ???
Step 4: profit!

But seriously, think about the type of project you would want to do first. Buy the components for it and watch some tutorial videos. Once you have an idea of what you're supposed to do then you can create the project you want to do.
>>
>>989344

I used the "Playtunes.h" library to make a little box that, when opened, sounds like a music box. It's pretty neat and it wasn't hard, considering that I'm probably retarded.
>>
I am in the process of planning an alarm clock that has a bunch of features I wanted, that I could not find in any one clock.

1. Custom alarm sounds that play progressively louder, and sounds nice (decent amp + speakers)
2. Seven different alarm times that can be quickly & easily set for any time and any day of the week, and that won't get lost if the power blinks off
3. A face made up of RGB LEDs that shows the time and day of week, and turns different colors (yellow for morning, green for day time, blue for evening and red for night-time)
4. An ambient light that slowly lights up to make getting up in the dark easier (also will be RGB LEDs)

It is just a shopping list on aliexpress right now. I am pondering the possibilities before I spend money on any parts for it.
>>
File: ard_soundplayer_n452jk45n.jpg (105 KB, 1184x622) Image search: [Google]
ard_soundplayer_n452jk45n.jpg
105 KB, 1184x622
>>989399
I looked into "nice" sound players for my clock project. The best AND easiest way there is, is to get a stand-alone player (or board) and just cut into the control buttons so your arduino can control the board that way.

There are "bare" dev-type boards all over that play off microSD cards, and i REEEALLLLYYY wanted to use one--but they usually have most if not all of the following problems:
--shitty documentation
--odd sound format requirements, and there's only one program from one source to convert the sound files over
--low-sound-quality sound file format requirements
--inability to play wavs at all, even tho they all say that they can do it
--inability to use most microSD cards (many will only read a few brands of 2gb cards, that are getting difficult to find, and the sound player's documentation doesn't say which brands work or why)

Some places like Adafruit and Sparkfun have sound player boards that cost more--$20-$30+ ,,, and those work just fine. But all the cheapo China dev-boards are shit.

Pic related: one of the most popular boards for this use.
This is a complete, self-contained MP3 player as it is--it needs no Arduino to work at all.
It plays off microSD or MP3 stick, supports pretty much any brands of microSD and USB sticks up to 16gb, has headphone jack onboard and speaker wire hookups, 3 watt amp onboard. Some people report problems with 320kb MP3's and variable-bit-rate MP3s, but most people say it will play up-to-256kb MP3's with no problems. The sound quality is not *perfect* but it's decent. Your arduino just needs to be wired into the four control buttons (some need 5v, some need 3.3v! test first!) and operate it using them. You number your MP3 files with a 4-digit file names, format the sdcard, copy the music files in the root directory (up to 200-300 files) and everything just works.
>>
Asteroids using tvout library
>>
File: FDM3E3KIDZSGGQ6.MEDIUM.jpg (21 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
FDM3E3KIDZSGGQ6.MEDIUM.jpg
21 KB, 620x349
Ordered another (offbrand) arduino, this one's going to be a little cnc plotter/laser engraver made from disk drives.

Just need to find the drives, Couldn't even find the one from my desktop it's been so long since I've used discs. Tried a local computer shop, they wanted $15 for an IDE drive, what a joke. Looks like I'll have to keep an eye out at garage sales.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.