[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /diy/ Some random gave me a "broken" plasma tv
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: tv.jpg (298 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
tv.jpg
298 KB, 1920x1440
Hey /diy/

Some random gave me a "broken" plasma tv today.

TV comes on, lots of snow on the screen.

The Y SUS board has a hiss sound. Under better investigation, has a bad cap.

Think this is my primary problem?

Pic related.
>>
>>988630
Replace it and find out. We don't have a diagram to know that.
>>
>>988635

>needing a diagram
the black cap is clearly burned out.
>>
That cap doesn't look good.

You've got most of a Farad of 300v there. Discharging this stuff might be a good idea.
>>
>>988638
Thank you for this post. I understand that, and was very careful. I co-own a PC repair shop, and though I understand they're different devices, I discharged in the same manner that we do on PCs
>>
>>988630
whats so hard about repairing this? find same volt and capacity and solder it back on.

that dust looks bad too man
>>
>>988637
Yea... So replace it. You were trying to be a smartass, but agreed with me.
>>
>>988630
most dust is dead skin that flaked off and turned to powder and floats up into the air and settles on things in the room.
Enjoy breathing the other guy's dead skin.

also the blue cap in the from left looks bulging, its probably bad too.
>>
>>988638
2/10
>>988640
82 microfarads = 0.000082 farads
that is 82 / 1,000,000 of a farad.
That capacity is actually rather small. There are even smaller denominations of capacitors, so inb4.. but 82 is pretty damn close to the smaller denominations.
>>
>>988648
At this point he might as well buy a bunch of nip solid state caps and be done with it.
>>
>>988630
you will need to replace ALL the electrolytics.
>>
>>988654
Farads doesn't really mean something, if the cap are charged with 300V they will cross 1350 Ω (impedance of 50% people).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_shock#/media/File:IEC_TS_60479-1_electric_shock_graph.svg

tau=1350*82E-6=0.11s -> 110ms
Ibodya=300/1350=220mA
Ibodyb=120/1350=90mA

It is approximately 300V to 120V in for 110ms, and their is more than one capa connected. It is a AC3 risk and that's not really safe. You must work one hand back, and if possible discharge all the capa before working one the pcb.
>>
>>988654
AC3 can be fatal for some peoples, that's the point, better to avoid running useless risks. In addition, discharging a capa take few seconds. That calculation is just for one capa, and you have a lot of them on that pcb.

>>988630
I don't really trust manufacturers, so it should be better to chose capa with higher voltage. Capa are use to force the obsolescence, if you chose a low voltage they will burn really soon.

When I repair shit, I see a lot of resistors, capacitors and fuse burned. But fuse burn less ofter thant capa on chinchong nipnong manufactured stuff.
>>
>>988813
>>988817
I didnt mean to imply that the caps were harmless.
And even if they arnt fatal, getting shocked isnt always fun. I was just saying that shit isnt close to a farad.
>>
>>988648

>most dust is dead skin cells

Maybe in your frozen countries where you keep your houses sealed.

In the tropics what I sweep out is mostly sand, dirt, crumbled leaf litter, animal hair and so on.
>>
I would replace all the electrolytics with a better brand...never heard of HEC
>>
>>989061
do you live in Indonesia?
>inb4 brazil
>>
>>988804
This...
If one cap fails, it will usually take out the others in the same circuit. All four of those blue 82µF caps appear to be bulging, and have probably already failed along with the black 82µF cap
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.