[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is this hobby called?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: FB_IMG_1462372617875.jpg (87 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462372617875.jpg
87 KB, 720x960
What is this hobby called?
>>
>>988423
It's called Cross Stitch.

Why didn't you just ask the person whos facebook you got that from?
>>
>>988424
Too scared. Thanks!

Is it hard to do?
>>
>>988427
No, you get patterns which tells you the colours and how many X's go in each row, and then you just do one set of diagonals so it looks like this //////// then once you reach the end of a row you go back with the other diagonals \\\\\\\ to from your X's then you just go down the design until it's done, probably the easiest form of sewing.
>>
>>988427
Too scared? You missed out on getting a cross stitch pal.
>>
>>988427
it's basically painting in ms paint and clicking one pixel at a time.
>>
>>988423
I'm thinking that's needlepoint, actually. Uses thinker yarn than cross stitch, and doesn't make x's, just /'s. Not hard, just tedious.
>>
>>988428
Back and forth with slashes
No. Not even close
>>
>>988491
That's how I was taught and it works.You do every X individually?
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (134 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
134 KB, 720x960
>>988472
>doesn't make x's, just /'s
>clearly x's
>>
>>988505
Ah, so sorry. My apologies anon. It still looks other than cross stitch though. Wikipedia has a fairly in depth discussion on needle work. It seems our anon from across the pond (the one that spelled it "colours") probably has the upper hand in this department. I'll defer to his/her knowledge, other than as I said, the stitches seem too close together, the x's too small, to be cross stitch.
>>
>>988423
gay
>>
>>988427
it takes decades of practice to be able to pull off something of that caliber
>>
>>988938
cross stitching is baby level embroidery.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.