[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Electret mic amp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: MCE4000.png (23 KB, 200x159) Image search: [Google]
MCE4000.png
23 KB, 200x159
I want to build an amplifier for my monacord mce 4000 electret mic.
Anybodey got any idea on how to do it?
>>
File: 1312481688702.jpg (31 KB, 651x661) Image search: [Google]
1312481688702.jpg
31 KB, 651x661
>>988088
do you mean a PA-style amp, or a preamp? two rather different things....
>>
>>988088
Have you tried looking up amplifier design? Do that first, then ask specific questions once you understand what you're trying to do.
>>
File: 1433701702104.gif (999 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1433701702104.gif
999 KB, 250x251
>>988088
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=electret+microphone+amplifier+circuit+386

The 386 audio amplifier is one of your best bets, good quality audio sound, simple to implement and powerful enough to drive up to a small 8 ohm speaker. Better than any dodgy transistor based preamp.

>>988091
I guess he means preamp, but who knows.
>>
The mic picks up sound poorly now so a pre amp should fix that right?
>>
Forgot to say that Im going to use the mic for my pc
>>
http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&productId=2211899&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&CID=GOOG&gclid=CjwKEAjwu6a5BRC53sW0w9677RcSJABoFn4sDDMa_19WwK1Edqn5JNbT8_kYdrUGob-gjIAlX4u01xoCL2zw_wcB
>>
File: 1462407113003.jpg (68 KB, 1055x472) Image search: [Google]
1462407113003.jpg
68 KB, 1055x472
>>
>>988436
Most soundcards take an electret mic direct and supply power and all.
>>
>>988436
>Forgot to say that Im going to use the mic for my pc
Let's back up a bit then...

A typical PC has a mic input.
A better-equipped PC (or sound card) has two jacks for sound input: the mic jack and the line-in jack.
Some setups have one jack that functions as both, and you select which way you want to use it in the sound card's settings.

The mic jack already has a pre-amplifier "in" it, so that you can use plain condenser mics with the PC just by plugging them in.

The line-in jack needs "line-level" sound, as it does not have an amplifier built-in. Things you usually connect to it already have amps of their own built in to create the proper line-level signal. If you plug a regular condenser mic into it and record from the line-in jack, you will hear a really really faint sound, if you hear any sound recorded at all.

This page shows how to build a one-transistor pre-amp for a PC condenser mic:
http://www.hobby-hour.com/electronics/computer_microphone.php
It would be good to make the amp's power adjustable, since you don't know how much will be useful. Too much is bad and results in a problem called "clipping".
Search Google for "digital audio clipping" for more info on that matter.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.