[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good cheap 3D printers? I want to get into 3D
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: MB05_REP_buildplate_Rabbit.jpg (109 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
MB05_REP_buildplate_Rabbit.jpg
109 KB, 1920x1080
What are some good cheap 3D printers?

I want to get into 3D printing but even the well known desktop printers are still in the thousands
>>
Me too. But i would guess the selfmade ones are cheapest.
>>
Alunar 3D is in the $300 price range
>>
>>987520
any good DIY kits out there?
>>
>>987507
I haven't had any problems with my CTC 3D Printer and it has dual extruders, which is neat. You can find it on ebay for about 400€.
>>
Go for a DaVinci 1.0 Pro if you're a lazy fuck.
>>
File: max.png (575 KB, 749x561) Image search: [Google]
max.png
575 KB, 749x561
>>987507
NOT a MakerBot. They are expensive, have extruders that jam often are are expected to be replaced whenever they jam.

>>987552
The DaVinci is known to have problems with the print "shifting". No satisfactory solution. The M3D has similar issues too.
>>
What about the oneup v2 is it any good?
Does anyone have any reviews about it?
>>
>>987561
This, unless you have calipers and 3 hours the fix is only temporary also
>>
>>987549
Been thinking about that, any pics of prints you made ?
>>
>>987561
The DaVinci is alright
>>
>>987507
>What are some good cheap 3D printers?

Reprap kits, thats it. You get a whole lot of horseshit in prebuilts that are cheap.

Why arent you in the 3d printing general?
People will love to fight with each other about what kit you should get
>>
>>987526
Best bang for buck cheap kit that will need minimal upgrades and is worthy of later upgrades?

Folgertech Kossell 2020 REV B (has the metal corners)
>>
there are a variety of prusa i3 style printers that come out of china all in the $300 range. Stay away from the DaVinci. It's a very cheaply made printer that exists only to extort 4X price of plastic out of novices who don't know any better
>>
you can get a solidoodle for cheap and they aren't too bad once you get them calibrated, can print upgrades too.
>>
The M3D Micro is ok. nothing special but it's $350. There's another printer coming out called the Trinus. I think it's only $300
>>
>>987561
really like my da vinci 1.0
the shifting is a problem with the xyzware slicer, using Sil3r fixes that
>>
>>987913
do you like being a filament cuck as well?
>>
>>987914
what, you don't use filament?
>>
>>987924
Not shitty proprietary filament.
>>
>>987507
we have a general, you twat.
>>
>>987507
>good

3D printing isn't

>cheap

3D printing isn't
>>
>>988020
except it can be if you do it right.
>>
>>988047
>do it right

What, and mass produce butt plugs?
>>
I just got a Flashforge Finder for $499 after months of frustration and failed prints from the Micro3d. The Finder is amazing. Prints in half the time the Micro did and has much better quality.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.