[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would I go about creating a Primer style time machine?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Primer_(2004_film_poster).jpg (16 KB, 220x326) Image search: [Google]
Primer_(2004_film_poster).jpg
16 KB, 220x326
How would I go about creating a Primer style time machine?
>>
>>987165
>be wizard
>>
>>987165
There's a lot of wire there that needs to be dealt with. I sure hope those aren't voltage lines. In fact, the 'r' at the end is rather useless.
>>
>>987165
Start by inventing a universe where that's possible.
>>
>>987165
You need to find some sort of material or process that effects time in some way. You should probably study quantum physics.
>>
>>987165
Firstly, prove retro-causality through positron/electron interaction

Build a machine that can both create a binary form change (charge level, etc) in positrons and also detect the same change in incoming particles, reading it as binary code to decode into practical information.

Turn it on and wait for a future version of yourself or others to send Information back to you.

When the data bursts arrive (most likely instructions on improving the machine to allow it to reconstruct objects from data) build improved versions.

Using the improved time machine, rebuild the digitized version of a person who sent themselves back to your current time, and say hello to the future person.
>>
>>987165
That movie was stupid
>>
>>987165
Find a material that'll superconduct at hopefully close to room temperature. They're using platinum, but they're just showing off. We'll use palladium. We can get it out of the catalytic convertor on my truck.
We make six plates and build a box to generate the an encompassing field, and we pump it full of argon and test it on weebles.
Go ahead and put your watch in it.
Try both kinds.
I don't know if we should put my $6000 camera in the box that's so dangerous we can't even look in it, but we'll do it anyway.

Take a break to go out to the town square and find the stupid cat.

Think about building a bigger one.
The fields are additive, so an array of little plates will work just as well as big ones. We can use parts from my hatchback if we need to.

Build a bigger one in a storage space in an industrial park. Put a fail-safe in a different space, but don't tell me about it. You want me to figure it out myself.

Go by at 8, turn on the box, call in sick to work, go a town over and book a hotel.

About 3, call your mutual fund manager and ask which stocks did best at small volume today.

At five sharp, go to the storage space, and tighten the straps on the box. There are always leaks. Turn it off, and as it winds down, jump in.

You'll need an oxygen tank and an alarm clock set to go off at 1am. 1am box time tonight is 8am our time this morning.

You'll have trouble getting the oxygen flow right and be very anxious the first time. Take some dramamine and just try to relax. Eventually you'll feel really peaceful and maybe even dream.

When you wake up a little before the alarm, you'll feel like the machine's winding down, but trust the math and wait the extra few minutes.

You just wanna get out of there. Your double or whoever is in there, and you don't wanna be hanging around when they come out. Next time we'll bring two vehicles. I had to call a cab.

Start recording our conversations.
>>
>>987803
>>987810

>the difference between a theorist and an engineer
>>
>>>/x/
>>
>>987810
Bravo
>>
>>987813
It's almost a perfect example.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.