[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A local thrift store was throwing away a bunch of blender bases
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: WGT.jpg (634 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WGT.jpg
634 KB, 1920x1080
A local thrift store was throwing away a bunch of blender bases that didn't have jars to go with them so I got them all

Ideas for projects? They all work
>>
>>986918
Attach blades, install at local glory holes
>>
You could convert them to magnetic stirrers. Then you wouldn't need a special matching jar.
>>
>>987014
I like it

Just put a magnet on the little square stub and a piece of iron in the jar?
>>
>>987027
http://www.banggood.com/B35-Teflon-Magnetic-Stirrer-Mixer-Stirring-Bar-Rod-Bead-With-Pivot-Ring-p-988023.html

Use these - the iron will potentially damage the container, and may react with whatever you're mixing.
>>
File: OSTERIZER2-3[1].jpg (92 KB, 390x500) Image search: [Google]
OSTERIZER2-3[1].jpg
92 KB, 390x500
>>986918
What brand? Osterizer stuff is basically interchangeable going back to the 1960s. I see nice glass jars in thrift stores all the time for a couple of bucks each and they will fit any model expect the very first generation of single speed models.
>>
>>987042
Just coat the iron in something that will be nonreactive
>>
>>987071
You mean like teflon? Like those teflon coated magnetic stirring rods I posted that cost $2 with free shipping?

That's almost cost price for the teflon you would have to buy to coat them yourself.
>>
>>987075
Fair enough, I didn't follow the link. But that being said, people probably have some kind of material around that would work.
>>
>>987067
I own 5 different Osterizer Galaxies like pic related. Few different variations.
I have probably 10 different glass jars, I actually found 2 new unused ones one time.
Ive actually passed on a few of them.

You can get these fuckers for a couple bucks, but are very stout and the glass is real nice.

I will probably never buy another blender in my life.
>>
I'm very curious about how much horsepower your typical blender motor has. Could it power a little RC plane, or would the draw be too much for a reasonable sized battery?
>>
File: dsc01859-500x500-250x250.jpg (8 KB, 139x250) Image search: [Google]
dsc01859-500x500-250x250.jpg
8 KB, 139x250
>>987093
a bunch of american mixers fit standard ball/kerr jar threads.

just get a single ball or kerr jar and try to fit it to them.
>>
File: jarblender.jpg (114 KB, 678x1024) Image search: [Google]
jarblender.jpg
114 KB, 678x1024
>>987143
it's not just old blenders. most will fit them. because its just how blenders were used in america. before plastic everything and buying baby food women just blended up their own in glass jars. its not a mistake. it's intentional. canning jars were the standard food storage receptacle. but now we have Tupperware and it got forgotten long enough for someone to reinvent it as the magic bullet.
>>
>>987141
>110v AC motor
>power RC car
>>
>>987148
>not including a rectifier and 100v worth of DC batteries in your RC projects
Do you even /diy/
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1qoKuj7hnM
>>
>>987170
>thinking a rectifier converts DC to AC
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.