[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
stuff we got from yard/rummage sales
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: rummagesale.jpg (251 KB, 730x548) Image search: [Google]
rummagesale.jpg
251 KB, 730x548
Hoping for the weather to improve, but have gotten some decent stuff:

printer that still had ink in it, $2
monitor, $1
bunch of belts, $0.25 each
bunch of CDs, $0.25 each
hiking boots, $1

some people are nuts when it comes to what they think their stuff is worth....someone had a medium size bike, might have been a kid's one, for $125...noooooot gonna happen
>>
>>986884
>some people are nuts when it comes to what they think their stuff is worth....someone had a medium size bike, might have been a kid's one, for $125...noooooot gonna happen

Craigslist is the worst about that.

>Rusted out shell of 40's car with no engine, tranny, or anything else
>3000 no lowballers
>>
>>986886

>I told ya last week that I won't take $2500...it's $3000 FIRM...I know what I got...
>>
>>986884
$125 is cheap if it's a good bike. But I know what you mean, some people expect that for rusted out old shitbox bikes I wouldn't drag home for free on trash night.
>>
>>986897
well in the world of bikes, "good" could mean a huge price range

I didn't look too close, but it looked like one you could go buy new for the same price, maybe even less

ironically I saw another one the next day and it may have only been like $20
>>
>>986886
>aluminium window
>about 1mx2m
>one of the two panes of glass is missing
>$240
No low ballers, I know what I have
>>
>>986886
I see shit like that all the time
>early 2000's suv
>200k miles
>Totaled
>been rolled (Not fucking joking this is real)
>roof caved in
>all glass is fucked
>doors wont open
>also looks like they ran into a pole
>"great parts car or fix"
>"3,000 obo"

also title: something something $1
>not asking for 1k, demanding >5k

>mfw "I know what I have" "no low ballers" "Just seeing whats out there"
>mfw rusted to shit "nice petina", rusted to shit useless shitty farm truck "good project 8k"
>>
>>986884
Today was a good haul:
Wiss 10 inch standard scissors $1. $24 on Amazon
Wiss 10 inch dress makers scissors $1. $39 on Amazon
Drafting lamp without bulbs $2. Never seen them new for less than $60 for this type
Made in USA 16 speed Hamilton Beach Blender, 735 watt motor. $5. $200+ on Amazon for USA made blenders
Dymo 'Tapewriter' embossing label maker $5. $156 on Amazon (its for metal tape)
Club Aluminum stock pot, like new, $7. $60 on Amazon (made in China)
Plomb (pre-1950 Proto) sockets, ratchet and 18 inch breaker bar, made in Los Angeles, $15. eBay, cheapest one sold in February for $16 shipped for just the ratchet. New for this quality made in the USA? Fuck, probably $150-$200.
KitchenAid mixer from the late 1940s plus a ton of accessories (which are still interchangeable with current mixers), $45. Amazon $219 for just the mixer
>>
>>987002
>also title: something something $1

I fucking hate that shit.

>looking for new truck
>filter everything over 4000
>some jackass puts his newish truck truck with a little cosmetic work don up for $1
>"contact for details"
>call him up
>"yeah I was hoping to get 72,000 for it"
For a fucking 150k miles 09 2wd f150 that he put bucket seats in, lifted, and put that roll on sticker camo shit on.
>>
Worst one I've been to was last year, they had a pole barn full of stuff. Prices were just ridiculous. $40 for an old SD projection TV with a broken screen was one that stood out to me.

>>987155
I just put the minimum price at $200 or so to remove the shit like parts, $1 listings, and asshole dealers who put the monthly payment in the price field.
>>
>>986884
ITT hoarders
>>
>>987155
>every bmw is >250k miles
>all high milage cars are kbb price of 50k mile car
>4 wheelers in the motor cycle section

>"suziki somethingoranother 450
"huh, its not a gsxr so its probably old as shit which means cheap, no picture but as long as its not high mileage, runs, and hasn't been dropped it should be ok"
>mfw I google it to learn more and see 4wheelers
>>
Found a shitload of vidya game controllers I'm going to clean up and try to resell. Also an audiofool CD pkayer that is going on ebay as soon as I can make sure it's working.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (324 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
324 KB, 1600x1200
I bought a drill press that you clamp a hand drill into ($15), and a powercraft circular saw ($15) that came in a very nice, what I believe is a, hand made wooden box. Saw is similar to pic. Goes with the powr kraft drill I put in the drillpress.

Cord on the saw needs to be replaced, but thats an easy fix, and the box needs a nice coat of paint. Should be a fun afternoon project this weekend.
>>
File: IMG_2608.jpg (503 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2608.jpg
503 KB, 1600x1200
Found this beauty the other day, Black & Decker $5 crackhead special
3 5/8 planer.
Unfortunately I can't find much information about the tool online.
>>
>>988663
Did you feed it grapes?
>>
No pictures but I got a bunch of 40s-ish American made hand tools for a couple bucks a piece.

Also bought a Motobecane Mobylette some dude found in the shed of a house he just bought. 1978, French one even. Guessing he didn't know what he had, only wanted 100 for it, but it was complete, and even fucking RAN, so I went back the next day and made it an even 500. Considering people want over a grand for a shitty beat-ass Puch, I think I did well.
>>
>>988663
That is a low grade door planer. It was probably about $75 new. Check an old Sears catalog. They bought the black and decker brand a few years back.

Good to use a couple times. But they have faulty electronics. Not for contractors.

If you found a metal one though, it's pre-buyout years and they're pretty ok.
>>
>>988651
>drill press that you clamp a hand drill into ($15)
That's a good score, most of the new ones are about $250+

Think the best I ever found at a junk sale was a beautiful mid-80's, alloy framed 10speed bike for free that I don't think was ever actually ridden, literally as-new condition. I just replaced the tyres, brake pads and it was good to go- eventually gave it away to a mate who was doing charity rides so its still truckin.
>>
>>988704
>Check an old Sears catalog. They bought the black and decker brand a few years back.

Nope. Stanley Black & Decker is still its own company. A company Sears, who are on the ropes, are in no position to purchase. Technically Sears don't even own their own name anymore. Nor has Sears ever made tools. All of their tools have always, to the very last item, been contract made by others.

As for B&D their tools started to go to shit in the 1970s, long before Stanley bought them out.
>>
>>988710
Good correction on the buyer of black and decker there bro.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (182 KB, 1599x1199) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
182 KB, 1599x1199
>>988705

wow, you're right. Mine is almost exactly like pic related, except the drill loads in sideways so the handle is coming out of the left hand side of the machine.

It looks nice with my $2 chromed powrkraft hand drill :^)
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.