[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I made condoms for my chisels. r8
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_2783.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2783.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I made condoms for my chisels.

r8
>>
>>986537
What are they made of? Rubber?

I only own one chisel and it's purpose is for when I change outdoor handles/plates. I didn't used to use one for that and now I never will do it without one.
>>
>>986537
works for you/10?

I keep mine in a drawer with the plastic covers they came with that sort of almost stick on. If they're in the drawer they are pretty good about it.

I just fixed grandpa's shop vac that sounded like it was going to explode and was missing a bearing and I thought the brushes were fucked or something... It was just the switch wire being loose. ... And the missing bearing that I shoved a bunch of aluminum shim in.

(The best thing I learned in highschool was from Zen and the Art of Motorcycle maintenance... and in that philosophy book, the best thing was that a beer can/soda can makes a fantastic shim.)
>>
>>986545
I wrapped the bare chisels in saran wrap and dipped the ends in pic related. Allowed to dry then repeated twice.

the plastic cling film made it relatively easy to pull the rubber coat off, then trimmed with a box cutter. I also pulled off the saran wrap from the ends with pliers.

>>986546
I was dumb and threw the plastic covers away the moment I brought them home. The chisels have been banging their edges with wrenches and pliers in a toolbox since, but no more. It took so long to hone the nicks out of them it made me sick to put them back in the toolbox without condoms to protect them. Not like they're expensive tools and I give a shit, but damn I don't want to have to sharpen them again just because the edge made contact with a socket.
>>
>>986546
>"They think it's some kind of "knack" or some kind of "affinity for machines"... They are right, but the knack is almost purely a process of reason, and most of the troubles are caused by what old time radio men called a "short between the earphones," failures to use the head properly. A motorcycle functions entirely in accordance with the laws of reason, and a study of the art of motorcycle maintenance is really a miniature study of the art of rationality itself.”

>"And what is good, Phaedrus,
>And what is not good -
>Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?”

Too long not read, that.
>>
>>986560
I guess I was affected by it quite a bit. I still freak out artists if I try to argue that as a man that produces useful technological products that my work has artistic qualities. The technology != art dichotomy is strong, despite his arguments.
>>
>>986537
Have you tried not being an autist and just wrap them in painters tape when your not using them? Or better yet, not losing the caps that came with them.
>>
I just leave mine in an old coffee jar with a sponge saturated in oil at the bottom.
>>
>>986537
Gr8, tate 8/8, m8
>>
>Treating construction chisels like furniture chisels
Why tho?
>>
>>986698
Does it get weird carrying a jar of oil around in your tool belt?
>>
>>986554
awesome man! Gonna give this a try!
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.