[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Having a heck of a time finding the type of outdoor light I want.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Mercury_vapor_yard_light.jpg (11 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Mercury_vapor_yard_light.jpg
11 KB, 300x225
Having a heck of a time finding the type of outdoor light I want.

I would like a 2-stage, motion-detecting, dusk-to-dawn, LED light in the style of the old mercury lights but I'm not having much luck. In particular the 2 stage part doesn't seem to be used widely enough for the filters at various websites.

Google wants to keep giving me accent lighting for stairs or garbage honeywell products.

In exchange I'll try to answer your HVAC questions.
>>
Call the power company and tell them you want a yard light?
>>
>>986459
Pic related was simply the style I want, it wouldn't have any of the other features. I suppose I could wire in motion detectors and light sensors myself but that would look sloppy.
>>
>>986460
>Pic related was simply the style I want,
I have one of those sodium lights IN my garage. I taped over the light sensor and plug it in when i need mega lumens.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
>>
>>986462
I have a 10 year old $45 security light that looks like it was installed by a 5 year old with no power to it anymore.

I've had many such projects since I bought this place and generally enjoy it when I can find what I want.
>>
May have found something close. Looks like the term I needed was 'yard light' after all, thanks.

https://www.rabweb.com/led-dusk-to-dawn-yard-light.php
>>
Miss the old mercury lights, especially the green tinge when they're way past their life span.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.