[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /diy/ think of Colin Furze? https://www.youtube.c
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: colin-furze.jpg (158 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
colin-furze.jpg
158 KB, 2000x1000
What does /diy/ think of Colin Furze?

https://www.youtube.com/user/colinfurze/videos
>>
>>986023
Certified absolute madman.
>>
>>986023
He's fucking crazy and a genius. Also really fucking rich.
>>
>>986023
Mad cunt
His hoverbike was really cool
>>
>>986023
The latest one is crazy as usualy. Love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soxxPyaAT1k
>>
>>986106
That guy is fucking mad. If he had knowledged of electronics, that hoverbike could have worked. Still amazing
>>
>>986124
Cool factor is high, but hoverbikes are worthless.
>>
>>986065
How is he rich?
>>
>>986124
How so?
I thought the hover bike was pretty awesome for what it was.
>>
>>986023

10/10 would build with. Even if his safety procedures are often questionable at best.
>>
>>986156
I'm surprised he has any hearing left at all.
>>
>>986140
Get out of my utopian future :(
>>
>>986160
Sorry, but you should really read this thread over in sci: >>>/sci/8036691

One guy is defending hoverbikes as the end all to city travel, emergency rescue, and god knows what else. /sci/ is like "you're an idiot, use a helicopter. hoverbikes are hovercraft and don't actually fly". It seems like he's learned a great deal of new terms from that thread, but seems to be denying it all.
>>
>>986023

I often wonder what Kind oft insurance the guy must have.
>>
>>986023
I cringe and I'm also thoroughly impressed at the same time. I'm always worried that he is going to watch him die or be horribly disfigured and somehow the video still made it to his channel.

The first thing we learned in shop class was to never wear a tie.

I wish he was my friend.
>*ring ring ring*
>"ello?" (Obscure UK punk music playing in background)
>"Hey man what's up?"
>"I'm smuggling cocaine to Thailand in homebuilt nuclear submarine!" (Screams into phone like a lunatic)
>>
File: SPM-5_Lrg__95838_zoom.jpg (22 KB, 800x536) Image search: [Google]
SPM-5_Lrg__95838_zoom.jpg
22 KB, 800x536
Do you think this would work well with a hybrid turbine / electric system? You could have a pair of compact turbines driving a generator then 4 bldc motors driving the rotors. You would have them in pairs and contra rotating.

That setup should give about 15KW for less weight than one of those paramotors. And with electric engines it's as easy to fly as any drone.
>>
>>986023
Hahahaha!!! That is nuckin-futz! I love it.
That pulse jet technology reminds me of the same type of system used by the Nazis on their V1 buzz bombs.
>>
>>986142
a lot of his recent work has been for various large companies who I assume fund his work and pay him to do it
>his bunker was for Sky
>the hoverbike for Ford
>he built a tuktuk for Farcry 3
>>
>>986171
Brits have the NHS, or what's left of it...
>>
>>986159
Do we really even have proof that he actually does?
>>986214
Most of Colin's pulsejets seem to be valveless.
>>
>>986162
B-but muh Judge Dredd!
>>
>>986222
Spending someone else's money is almost better than being rich.

>>986240
Read the comics you fucking pleb.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.