[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need help regarding zippo lighter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (2 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2 KB, 259x194
I've had this zippo lighter for quite a while now and I only recently refilled it after it was lying in my closet for almost two years now. The thing is the lighter doesn't work even though I changed the flint and the wick. I even used the meme fuel as refill. It sparks but the wick doesn't light up. However if I use a match to light the wick up, it works perfectly. Does anyone here have any experience with this sort of thing? Any help is appreciated.
>>
>>985362
>check distance between flint and wheel
>check distance between flint and wick
>check if the cotton thing in the tank is dried up
>check if the seal around the wick is tight
>let the gas sit for 5 or so minutes before starting it up
>if new wick pull it out at 3/4in and let it burn for 10 seconds or so
>>
>>985365
What seal tho
>>
>>985368
Eyelet
>>
>>985365
Could the fact that the spark's not big enough be the issue? I mean it does seem pretty small compared to all the videos I've seen so far
>>
>>985378
Yes, could be, dry fire it until you see that the top part of the flint is concave and has a good contact patch with the wheel.
Also check if the wheel is clean and has no oxidation that closes the ridges.
>>
>>985378
and if the wick is dry pour a little fuel over it directly and let it evaporate for a sec
>>
>>985362
if overfilled, it will not light. blow on it for a couple seconds, then attempt to light
>>
>>985386
This.
>>
legitimate zippos have a lifetime warranty, I got my inner replaced and they didn't even ask for documentation they just sent it out to me no questions asked
>>
>>985767
The wick needs to extend at least a centimeter through the eyelet

meme fuel? I hope that's Zippo fuel. It's the best. But if you want to use your Zippo more regularly, you might want to look at the Z-Plus inserts, they use butane instead of Zippo fluid. Doesn't evaporate either.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.