[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Biohacking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3
File: genetic-engineering.jpg (43 KB, 700x560) Image search: [Google]
genetic-engineering.jpg
43 KB, 700x560
Hi,
i just want to ask if somebody on this board has experience with biohacking and could share his/her knowled.
Excuse my english, please. I´m german.
>>
>>983929
I use old ddr2 to help compensate for Alzheimer's.
Also monsanto is helping us with our population numbers, idk if that counts as biohacking or not.
>>
I've done a lot of research into magnetic subdermal implants, they give you the ability to sense electronic devises and others magnetic fields from a distance
>>
I've watched spiderman once
>>
>>983929

How does respiration work, like a spider or does it have lungs?
>>
>>984157
Spiders as well as most insects breathe through small tubes that go from their exterior to the inside of their bodies, diffusing oxygen along the way. They do not have complex lungs, and this is one of the major factors limiting the size of insects. Millions of years ago, insects were much larger due to higher oxygen concentrations in the atmosphere. Basically insects and many other arthropods are dependent on oxygen concentration as one of the limits of their size (along with the problems that come with attempting to support a large structure while having your skeleton on the outside)
>>
>>984168

I am aware of this, but it has the air intake (nostrils/mouth) from the squirrel, where do those lead to?
>>
>>983929

My wife and I had a black child (we are both white). She claims she edited his DNA. I don;t believe her.
>>
>>984201
Oh, well since complex lungs are more effective at oxygenating blood, and we have to assume this hybrid creature is warm blooded, then it would probably have chipmunk lungs?
>>
Transdermal or nothing
>>
>>984021
I got one put in about three weeks ago. It was super sensitive for the first few days. I could feel the transformers on power poles. I'm guessing as the flesh around it heals I've lost a lot of that early sensitivity, I have to put it about a foot away from a microwave before I can feel anything. Hopefully as it heals fully it goes back to the initial sensitivity I had
>>
>>984168
Does this mean I could grow enormous bugs by breeding and keeping them in an environment with a higher than normal oxygen level?
>>
>>984230
Paternity test are not that expensive, especially considering the cost of raising a kid that is probably not yours. Get tested. If the wife has a problem with that, she can solve it on her own.
>>
>>984538
You could also burn your house down.
>>
>>984538
Yes, though it will take fucking forever, lots of patience.

If you do it, please, please post regular updates.
>>
>>984538
thay'd die as soon as you let them out provided you get a significant difference in size. humidity, predation and tempuratures also play a big role.

the same species of orb weaver that grow to about 2in length here get big enough to catch birds in australia for example.
>>
>>984645
>>984645
>take brown recluses
>selectively breed in hi temp, hi o2 environment
>smuggle into australia
>???
profit
>>
>>984595
Youve taken some bait my friend
>>
>>984660
>leg eating spiders

why...
>>
a spider squirrel, kreativ.
biological impossible, but probably funny as hell,
imagine a this thing to run up to a group of girls
>>
>>984538
Just drop a bucket of maggots, some putrid meat, a hemp plant, and a mantid egg sac into a hyperbaric chamber.
>>
>>983929
it's a very expensive hobby. One you need to buy a whole bunch of expensive equipment just to store enzymes and shit, which are expensive too.

Pretty much the most complex thing you'll be able to do is make bacteria fluoresce.
>>
>>985043
I had mine implanted a few weeks ago. Do it man, I have no valid reason to need it but I think its fun.

>>985099
Even without anaesthetic there was no pain when I got mine put in. Dunked my fingers in ice for a while then the guy inflated my fingertip with saline. No pain at all.

The only purpose I've found for mine so far is finding staples from work I'm scanning. I still love it, being able to sense something that I wouldn't usually be able to interact and feel
>>
>>984538
somebody should try breeding spiders in that conditions.
>>
>>984538
Slowly, but sure. Evolution takes many generations to occur, so you'll probably want to introduce artificial selection by smashing the little ones before they can breed and also speed up the mutation rate a bit to help things a long. Elevated oxygen can heighten oxidative stress, so that's already a start. If you compress the oxygen above normal atmospheric pressure, you can increase PPO2 even further and amplify the effect (not only the mutation effect, but the high environmental O2 availability as well), provided the specimens don't succumb to oxygen toxicity before they can reproduce. Other options include bombarding them with radiation and feeding them mutagenic chemicals; again, this will be something of a balancing act in order to avoid killing them (or otherwise rendering them sterile) before they can spawn a new generation of mutation-rich offspring.
>>
>>985144
How can a novice with no professional tools bombard them with radiation? What kind of radiation is the most mutation-inducing?

Would brief (a couple of second) stints in a microwave every day do it?
>>
>>985150
>What kind of radiation is the most mutation-inducing?
Per particle of exposure, alpha radiation. However, that's the least-penetrating kind of radiation, and would not reach an insect's reproductive cells. EM and neutron radiation give less bang per particle, but they penetrate enough to be effective. For your scenario, perhaps low-intensity x-rays from a tube would be best, as it removes need to deal with radioisotopes.

>Would brief (a couple of second) stints in a microwave every day do it?
To cause mutations, radiation must be ionizing. That is, it must be capable of knocking electrons off of molecules and disrupting chemistry, which requires a minimum amount of energy per photon. Microwaves contain nowhere near enough energy to do that.

>How can a novice with no professional tools bombard them with radiation?
Get a smoke detector, grind up the americium capsule, and spread the dust in the insect enclosure. And get insurance for the upcoming lung cancer.
>>
>>985150
ebay a used X-ray machine. A tiny spider will take massive doses from up close.
However keep in mind that these things are not toys, they will fuck you up if you let them.
>>
god nothing is more fun to read than mad scientist threads, here or on /sci/
>>
>>984168
Literally the canned wikishitea response. He already understands the difference between chipmunk and spider breathing.
>>
>>985144

So it's like an X-men origins story for BUGS....

This is a fucking BAD IDEA.

You think creating a species of superhuge spiders will make people like you or something? FUCK NO
>>
File: Evolution.jpg (17 KB, 300x298) Image search: [Google]
Evolution.jpg
17 KB, 300x298
>>985634
do you remember that shitty movie; Arac Attack?

Imagine that in real Life, but just 2 - 4 minutes long. Because the gigantic spiders sufficade.

>>983929
Do you plan something like, a real experiment, or do you whant to reenact the movie evolution?
>>
>>985686
But what a 2-4 minutes that would be...
>>
>>984516
This sounds retarded. Is there any actual research on this? I mean, why the fuck would having a piece of magnetic metal under the skin make you able to "sense" anything.
>>
>>985721
The magnet pulls your skin when it is attracted to other metal objects.

Fucking magnets, how do they work, right?
>>
>>985729
That would require a rather powerful magnet. And that would not be sensing, that's more like feeling the pull of the magnet.
Magnets basically use electricity.
>>
>>985730
Then it's reacting to electromagnetism, smartass.

Either way, it's a magnet being a fucking magnet. It's under your skin. When something under your skin starts moving, you feel it.
>>
>>985735
"Hey! Let's putt stuff under our skin! It's just like having superpowers but retarded!"
>>
File: grindhouseheader.jpg (43 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
grindhouseheader.jpg
43 KB, 970x545
>>985739
depends on the thing somebody puts under his skin
>>
>>984168
Spiders actually have lungs you mong
>>
>>984538
Yes, there's actually fossils of huge insects from the Cretaceous period when the concentration of oxygen was higher in the air
>>
>>986439
>spiders do not have complex lungs
Read.
They have book lungs, which are sort of like a passive radiator, but instead of heat, it's oxygen.
>>
>>985739
There was an entire thread of this sentiment, with one guy being like "no guys it'll be cool" with lots of reasons given why it's not cool in the slightest and completely pointless. Kind of like tattoos or piercings; they don't add any real function except to notify everyone that you've not quite grown up yet and invest significant sums of money into nonassets.
>>
>hide giant neodymium magnet in room
>rip flesh and magnets off fingers
>>
>>984538

This already happened in the carboniferous on land and at several different eras in the ocean. The earth has had, at times, up to 30% more oxygen than the present. Giant dragonflies, cockroaches, millipedes and ant's. And even larger arthropods like sea scorpions in the sea.
>>
>>986359
No, those are retarded too.
>>
>>986659
but their look awesome
Imagine punching somebody with a glowing hand.
>>
how do I make psychic powers
>>
>>986663
>Imagine punching somebody with a glowing hand.

If I saw some faggot with glowing hands I'd punch them in the face. That's what attention whoring faggots deserve.
>>
>>986668
probably by conecting your brain a serve to be super smart, wich also could make you hack-able.
or conect your brain to an turred or weaponized drone
>>
>>984028
/thread
>>
>>986801
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get well soon.
>>
>>983929
there was some german fella I was reading about, who tried biohacking people into having different eye colors. I don't think it really worked out too well though :(
>>
>>989776
>Josef Mengele
>>
>>989796
thatsthejoke.jpg
>>
>>984157
You would have to take them out if you needed an MRI though.
>>
I tried placing an order for genetically engineered mice a while back. I wanted a mouse that was stronger and had more stamina than the normal mouse so I could invest in researching how to implant artificial memories into it (there was an article a while back where they successfully gave a mouse false memories) to brainwash it and teach it to chew on red colored objects.

Basically I wanted a mouse you could let loose in a building that would be trained to chew on wires. A sobeteur mouse was the idea. A pure abomination, a genetically engineered brainwashed soldier mouse.

Never got a reply from the company who claimed to have the genetically altered mice.
>>
>>989896
If I were you, I would focus on reliably replicating the process in normal mice, and then move to the supermouse. That way you don't keep buying supermice if it takes you more than a mouse's lifespan to get the process down to an accurate level. Then, just order a few breeding pairs and you can make an army of them. And let them free in a server farm or something.
>>
>>989896
>spend thousands of dollars and many hours of time training GMO supermice to destroy cables
>foiled by a $5 box of rat poison

Grade: B-
Comment: Effort demonstrated but idea is lacking in practicality, futher effort is needed.
>>
>>989896
or you could try that with a rat.
Rats are already stronger and bigger as mice, and they are easy to train
>>
>>990328
+1 for critical thinking skills
>>
>>983929
There was already a German guy that attempted human experiments.... Didn't end well.
>>
>>989776
Gawddamnit, I didn't see this post. Fek.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.