[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Monitor Arm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160423_133302.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160423_133302.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
Hey /diy/ I'm currently building a monitor arm out of an old IKEA Desklamp.

My plan was to get a cylinder the same diameter of the old lamp part so I can mount it the same, but where could I get a cylinder with a certain diameter from?
>>
>>983003
forget about it, it won't be strong enough for monitors... do you even physics?
>>
this has got to be bait.
that thing could never hold the wight of a monitor, and if it could, the springs would have to upgraded to be 10x as strong.
>>
>>983005
it's not, the screen I'm talking about is a salvaged LCD from an iPad
>>
>>983006
can you even communicate with that?
>>
>>983003
>cylinder with a certain diameter from

Best you can do is use cut off sections of pipes (which has standard sized diameters), or make one yourself with a sheet material (any diameter)
>>
>>983003
i have one of these. not strong enough to carry a monitor unless its lcd or something
>>
>>983019
>current year
>I aint be knowin bout i2c

wew
>>
>>983003
converted one of these to a mic stand, way easier to buy actual mounting equipment, drill out the thread or use an adaptor, and mount it to the arm that way.
>>
>>983006
Still going to be heavy as fuck for the lamp to hold up, I used an old ikea lamp as a mic stand and even that had to have the bend reinforced with a steel ruler and then G clamp it to my desk (nigger rigging it all the way) otherwise it would simply bend or fall
>>
>>984736
are springs and thumbscrews that expensive where you live man? I'm the other lamp modder and these things cost me maybe $2.50 to do it correctly springs on tumbstrews are literally the only difference between the cheap mic stands and lamps of this type anyway
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.