[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best screen printer for a beginner
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (136 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
136 KB, 1920x1080
I am looking to get into screen printing so I can actually make money off my art.

What is the most cost effective screen printer that I could buy and what are some good guides to learn how to do it?

There is one on amazon that looks like a beginners kit for 99.99, but I don't know much about screen printing so I don't know if it is good.
>>
Bet your art sucks.
>>
some stuff I found experimenting with t-shirt making

most cost effective screen printing is buy the screen material yourself and build a wooden frame from scrap wood .

you can buy stuff that you can paint your design onto the screen then cover whole screen with another type of solution which will turn your screen into a stencil . screen fluid?? something like that

discharge paste is interesting stuff, if you paint or print it onto black fabric allow to dry and then iron it will remove the colour from the fabric where you have painted . this can be useful for designs or you could for example lay loads of discharge paste on a t shirt and then print onto the lightened part with another colour .

if you do art have you come across " lino printing " ? this is where you carve a design into a piece of linoleum and then put ink on it and put onto paper . I did this in art class and it turns out you can use it on fabric pretty well . the good thing is that youre piece of lino is re usable so it may take time to make but it will last forever

think theres stuff on instructables as well . have fun
>>
The kit itself doesn't matter as much, you can even build one. The fact that the inks are nearly 30 per tub of quality is going to be costly depending on the complexity of your designs, so maybe stick to black or simple tones for now. Also how are you making your screens? Emulsion, modge podge, etc?
>>
Hey OP where are you located? I need some tshirts printed for my company and I'd be happy to give you a small order to get you going?
>>
File: WP_20160117_004.jpg (2 MB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160117_004.jpg
2 MB, 3072x1728
>>981543
Honestly pick up a pair of hinges, the silk, ink, and squeegee. Make your own frames.

Everything by speedball is crap tier but would suffice for learning before you join the big leagues.

There is stencil film,emulsion and screen block out for putting the design on the screen.

>I finally wanna make money off my art

Is it the idea of multiples the thing that turns you onto this ?

Prints are pretty low on value, say compared to a painting but granted if you're printing an edition of 50 or more you could recoup losses.

If you haven't started shopping around to your local galleries do that. It never hurts it get your name out there. Hell some galleries hold fundraisers for themselves by selling donated work. Do that a few times. Yeah they get the money but it'll help you out in the long run.

>>982630
I second the lino cut/ block print route. Besides the carving tools, ink,paper, lino/block,and a brayer. You can print em by hand with a wooden spoon(not joking)

Welcome to the world of printmaking
>>
wow, not OP but the lino printing reminded me that I have access to a frigging 3d printer to make stencils from. Thanks bruhs
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.