[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have an idea of where I can find a bracket like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 11
File: SketchUp_2016-04-08_12-24-38.png (37 KB, 593x634) Image search: [Google]
SketchUp_2016-04-08_12-24-38.png
37 KB, 593x634
Anyone have an idea of where I can find a bracket like this? All I can seem to find are U-brackets that have a hole on both sides. The most important part is the 1" inside measurement. I don't have the tools to make them myself and I need 8 of them.
>>
>>974864
Cut off what you don't need, Mr. Can't DIY, wont DIY.
>>
>>974865
You stupid idiot, just because I don't have the resources to make one small piece of hardware doesn't mean I'm not making something with them. You moron god damnit your post is fucking worthless, what was the point of that? Do you think I just want 8 of these things to put in a fucking display stand so I can show my friends and say "Look what I made!" I fucking hate you, you piece of shit. I ask one fucking simple question because I can't think of the specific fucking name of the hardware I need and you have to get snarky as fuck.
>>
>>974865
>>974878

It's a solid advice tho. So why don't you quit bitching, grab a 1 inch square u bracket and fucking hack off one side? If you needed a name go use Google not 4chan you fuck
>>
>>974889
Because I don't have the god damned resources. Are you retarded or just fucking with me? I'm not going to spend the money on U brackets, a hacksaw, and various grades of sandpaper when I can just buy the finished fucking product for roughly the same price as the U brackets.
Your reading comprehension must be at a fucking second grade level. If you don't know what the things I need are called or where to get them, stop replying.
>>
>>974892
This is /diy/ not /buy/ you metrosexual faggot that can't even get access to a hacksaw. What are you even doing here?
>>
>>974892
You're pathetic.
>>
>>974895
What I am doing here is trying to figure out where to get a piece of hardware so that I can continue on making what it is that I am making. What I am making is irrelevant, the only thing that matters is finding where to purchase what I need so that I can move forward with my project. The fact that I do not have the tools or materials handy at the moment is also irrelevant. Are you telling me that you don't buy anything at all for your projects? Are you saying that you make your own screws? Have you dug the ore from the earth to forge your own tools?
>>
>>974878
>I'm stupid
I'm not the one asking the stupid question

>Don't have the resources
Stop what you're doing, give up, go back to bed.
>>
>>974897
if you can't think of a common application for what you want, you're going to have to make/modify something.
>>
>>974892
If it's not available to buy you'll have to make it yourself.

>what I'm making is irrelevant

Maybe, maybe not. Actually, it is now regardless, because you're either a troll or a fucking moron that got the info he needed in the first post but was too dense to take it with a "thanks."
>>
>>974897
He's saying its 2016 you can afford a even a shit drill and a shit hacksaw.and how can you continue making the irrelevant project if you have no tools to begin with?

>lifes not erector sets
>>
File: Peachy-Printer.jpg (14 KB, 600x339) Image search: [Google]
Peachy-Printer.jpg
14 KB, 600x339
>>974878
OK, that was grade A LELs.
>>
Buying fish instead of learning the art. No god damned excuse to not have a hacksaw anyway. You should ask for more allowance. Why are you here again?
>>
I can make them for you for $500 a piece.
>>
File: Map[1].png (32 KB, 1415x624) Image search: [Google]
Map[1].png
32 KB, 1415x624
>which 3rd world country r u?
I would have informed you where you could have purchased such an item, had you only seen fit to employ the worldwide accepted standard of measurement in your otherwise incomprehensible drawing.
>>
>>974897
In the time it took you to make this thread and shitpost, you could've gone to the store and bought a hacksaw, a file, and some U-brackets. Then you'd have your parts, and you'd have a hacksaw and a file which you should have had already.
>>
So you guys don't know what they're called then. You know you could have just...not posted anything. You're just shitposting, I don't get it. I asked a legitimate question. I want to know what a piece of hardware is called and where to get it.
Let's say, for example, I needed some aluminum foil but I couldn't think of what it is called to look up where to buy it. So I make a thread on here asking "Hey guys, I need some super thin sheets of aluminum, like paper thin. Where would I get some of that? Is there a name for it so I could look it up?" You faggots would tell me to get a fucking block of aluminum and a hammer.
>>
File: TypicalDIY.jpg (76 KB, 515x768) Image search: [Google]
TypicalDIY.jpg
76 KB, 515x768
>>974995
> You faggots would tell me to get a fucking block of aluminum and a hammer.
> You faggots
> You

Look you ingrate little shit. We're not here to spoon feed you anything. Nobody here has any obligation to help you. People have given you suggestion out of the kindness of their hearts. Then you call them faggots and wonder why they won't help you and your very special project.

Fuck off.

And for the record I would have told you to block of aluminum and a butter knife.
>>
>>974995
We're telling you the easiest option, retard. As far as I know there isn't a common bracket in that exact shape, so rather than look for some expensive specialty shit, we're advising you to make your own (which would take all of a minute per bracket) out of existing components. If you can't find something close enough to modify, you can buy some 1x1/8" flat steel bar and bend it in a vise. This shit isn't hard. This thread is the equivalent of someone asking "where can I buy a new car? my old one is out of gas" then flipping absolute shit when everyone tells them to go to the gas station.
>>
>>975001
Fuck you man. I started the thread polite and asking a harmless question. The first response was insulting, implying that I couldn't make them if I tried (saying that I am unskilled) and that I wouldn't make them if I could (saying that I am lazy.)
I didn't start the thread asking how to make these things. I asked where I could buy them so that I could continue to move forward with the project I am working on.
>>
>>974995
There is a name for that type of bracket but you'll be pressed to find the specific dimensions. I'm not going to tell you because you're such a shithead.

Maybe if you told us more about your super secret project so we could suggest something suitable knowing the context.
>>
>>975005
>As far as I know there isn't a common bracket in that exact shape
That's all you needed to say. Hell, you didn't even need to say that. I could live with a fucking empty thread instead of filling it up with a bunch of "I don't knows."
Your analogy doesn't fit. I believe something more fitting would be if I were looking to buy a new car and everyone replied telling me all of the parts I need to build one.
>>
>>975010
If you think cutting or bending 1/8" thick steel is on the same level as building a car, you should be on pinterest instead of /diy/.
>>
>>975010
>if I were looking to buy a new car and everyone replied telling me all of the parts I need to build one.
because this is /diy/. buyfags not wanted here
we'd also tell you to fuck off to /o/
>>
File: 303[1].jpg (34 KB, 600x497) Image search: [Google]
303[1].jpg
34 KB, 600x497
>>975010
>I were looking to buy a new car and everyone replied telling me all of the parts I need to build one.

You're comparing building a car to taking a fucking hacksaw to a bracket. Does your irrational splerging know no end?

>whaaa I was insulted because I asked a stupid question
>whaaa no one will tell me what this mystery bracket is
>whaaa people are getting pissed at my splerging

Man up you fucking sissy.
>>
>>975016
So tell me
Have you ever bought anything from a hardware store to use as a part of something that you were making?
>>
File: trolled_softly_7226236755.jpg (32 KB, 360x507) Image search: [Google]
trolled_softly_7226236755.jpg
32 KB, 360x507
>>974865
>>974878
god damn that was fast
>>
>>974995
god damn it you faggot. Get a strip of metal, a vice, a mapper, and a drill.
Its not fucking hard to make a bracket.
>>
>>975024
No.
Then I ask you to politely tell me where to buy it and you say "No."
That's how this thread has been going all day.
If you don't know where to buy it, either don't respond or let me know of a more appropriate board to ask such a question.
>>
Are you that faggot who couldn't be bothered to make some end caps, either?
Stop being lazy.
There are simple solutions available but you would rather throw money at the problem.
Buying the brackets would probably be more expensive than buying a hacksaw.
And if you can't source some scrap aluminum, you should just give up and make some toast or something else more your speed.
And don't expect people on 4chan to not be rude. It's 4chan.
Faggot.
>>
>>975006
If your precious feelings are hurt that easily, maybe the internet isn't the place for you to be... First post is best post.

2/10 made me reply. Troll.
>>
This thread is hilarious, keep up the good work OP.
>>
>>975043
>>>/fa/ could tell you about buying shit all day.
Why would you come to DO IT YOURSELF if you arnt going to fucking do it yourself?

What are you even trying to do that you need a specific bracket but are incapable of fabricating one?
>>
>>975051
out of interest, how do you make end caps? needed to make some steel ones for a project a while ago
>>
>>975006
What part of DO IT YOUR FUCKING SELF isn't penetrating your remarkably dense cranium? You won't do well here with your pussy attitude. Go try reddit, they are just as inept as you.
>>
>>975043
You won't even try to find somewhere else to fish for an answer, do you dress yourself in the morning? This place isn't for asking where to buy something, its for talking about making things. You must actually be retarded to be so useless.
>>
File: globe.gif (24 KB, 400x208) Image search: [Google]
globe.gif
24 KB, 400x208
>>975110
For a domed cap, I would take either a segment of pipe or a suitable plate, and cut out a pattern like pic related that will fold to the shape I want. Weld, grind smooth, polish if desired. For a flat cap, tack a segment of pipe to a plate, cut and grind the plate flush to the edge of the pipe with a little bevel, then melt the seam smooth.
>>
>>974864
Past... OP... When you go buy them, and a hacksaw, and do it yourself, do NOT come back and post about your project. We'll know, OP. We'll know.
>>
OP is a fag, you react like a spoiled child. Hilarious
>>
>>975024
Your post sent me on a wild goose chase trying to figure out what the fuck a mapper was until I realized autocorrect had changed "Hammer"
>>
>>975283
wow, sorry about that. I was tired and didnt proof read my post.
out of curiosity, how long did you search for a mapper?
>>
>>975139
... He's probably making a spice rack for his mother.
>>
haha you guys should just stop replying alotgether and let op alone for a few moments, that might trigger the spark of ingenuity he's clearly missing.
>>
Hey. This is probably the best thread to ask something like this. I need to get some quarter inch thick inch long screws with a fine threading and also some threaded inserts to join these pieces of wood. Any suggestions? The reason I'm doing it that was is so that it can be easily knocked down.
>>
File: 0000000001.jpg (16 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
0000000001.jpg
16 KB, 450x600
>mfw entire thread
>>
File: IMG_88769750272135.jpg (47 KB, 700x831) Image search: [Google]
IMG_88769750272135.jpg
47 KB, 700x831
>>974897
>>
>>975533
Oh like 5 minutes on google, I was pretty stoned. I was hoping it'd be some sort of configurable jig for bending metal.
>>
File: 1460202104435.gif (287 KB, 696x504) Image search: [Google]
1460202104435.gif
287 KB, 696x504
>this entire thread
>>
>>975581

Just tap the wood...
>>
>>975649
No? That's not the way I want to go about it. I appreciate it, but I've got it set in my mind one way I want to do it. I just can't find the fine threaded screws...or I guess they'd be bolts, and a threaded insert that they'd fit into.
>>
>>975682
mcmaster-carr
>>
>>975682
You could try press fitting some 1/4" threaded barrel connectors into the wood...
>>
>>975581
You can get some long nuts and press them into slightly undersized holes in the wood, then use a bolt. Or a slightly easier option is to do it the other way around and use hanger bolts, where you get a threaded stud coming out of the wood that you fasten the other piece to with nuts and washers.
>>
>>975019
Yeah, tools.
>>
>>975700
What do you make with your tools?
>>
>>974864

At the Oddball Bracket Store. They have one of every weird bracket that anyone has ever conceived of. But be patient. It takes the old geezer some time to search all the shelves for yours.
>>
File: T nut.jpg (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
T nut.jpg
11 KB, 300x300
>>975581
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Prong-T-Nut-1-4-20-x-7-16-Tee-Nut-Qty-100-Zinc-Plated-/360648868349?hash=item53f85901fd:g:14IAAOSw~OdVWiz2

Local hardware store will probably have 'em
>>
>>975623
You now know your dream, anon.
Go forth and make the mapper.
>>
>>976065
Stuff mostly. I don't really go out of my way to make stuff, just when something is needed, I try to make it instead of buying.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.