[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
City roof deck vision screening
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
I have a roof deck like pic related and I want to hang up some sort of fabric/screening so I can nude tan without worrying about having the cops called by my neighbors. I tried hanging up canvas last year but it blocked wind too much and got ripped off on high-wind days. Does anyone know a good fabric to block view from ~30 ft away and allow enough wind passage to stay up all the time?
>>
>r u grill?
rattan/reed/bamboo screen/fence.
element proof, reasonable compromise between sight block / air passage, looks OK, reed stuff is cheep, etc.
>>
>>973552
Tin foil. just tin foil the whole fucking fence. you cannot deny this is the best idea ever. you get maximum rays from all angles, while heaving maximum privacy.
>>
try cutting evenly spaced downward v shape slits in the fabric, don't tie the fabric taught, leave it to flex.
>>
Fabric mesh banners.

Advertise the space for advertisement, get paid and privacy.
>>
>>973573

no, but my gf is and will be up there so you can picture her if you want

reed screen is a good idea, thanks for that

>>973597

I was thinking something similar- Cutting the fabric into 1ft wide sections and having them overlap slightly as I place them around the perimeter, would hopefully let air through without compromising the vision deterrent aspect too much

also, think a staple gun would do the trick? Or should I tie the fabric off to the beams?
>>
>>973597
>don't tie the fabric taught, leave it to flex.

No, just no. That's how you get flappy failure. You want it tight so that it doesn't flap. If you want to build in some flex use trampoline springs on the attachment points. But keep it tight.

I'm not sure if you can find this stuff around anymore but Swedish snow cammo is pretty awesome for shade and wind tolerance. It will sufficiently screen views too. It's basically tyvek with holes in it. I've used it at Burning Man many times where dust storms are a regular occurrence. It lets enough wind through without becoming a sail. Again springs can add that extra flex for the big gusts while keeping it tight.
>>
>>973709
I think tying them down would be better, means they are easy to remove when you don't need them or if you ever want to replace them/wash them, and it doesn't damage the surface any.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.