[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stupid Electronics Question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: Compare.png (201 KB, 303x519) Image search: [Google]
Compare.png
201 KB, 303x519
Can i snip the wires leading to a traditional speaker and attach them to a piezo speaker, or do I need to convert the signal somehow?

Sorry if this is babby-tier stuff, but I am a physist by trade, and rarely do practical DIY work.
---

I plan to dismantle a bluetooth earphone, replace the speaker with a piezo, and then stick the whole thing in a pen. The sound it makes will be inaudible, unless you touch it to your teeth and cause the sound to be transmitted to your cochlear through your skull bones.

You could just be chewing on your pen and nobody would know you were listening to music or something. Like a secret-agent type deal - it should be awesome if it works!
>>
That picture makes me angry.

Also, it's not going to be silent.
>>
File: Design.png (6 KB, 409x202) Image search: [Google]
Design.png
6 KB, 409x202
>>972723

It will be if i minimise the current, cut the piezo into a strip to reduce its area, and place it inside a lump of epoxy
>>
>>972693
Yes, will work. Remember, low power, low current, or it will end up in smoke.
>>
>>972731

Perfect, thats exactly what i wanted to hear.

thanks man!
>>
A piezzo acts like an almost purely capacitive load. If your amp can take it without oscillating or spewing other random unforseen garbage, you're good to go.
Normaly, you should be able to attach it to any amplifier without even the need for a lowpass filter.
Beware much different types of piezzos exist with widely different specifications - most of which won't even cover the audible range.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.