[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ditec gate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: ditec_sullyesztett_kapunyito.jpg (31 KB, 260x195) Image search: [Google]
ditec_sullyesztett_kapunyito.jpg
31 KB, 260x195
Hey /diy/,

I have a gate problem to solve. Our gate hasn't been opened in ~7 years now. As we live on a hill, the house and everything is constantly moving, therefore the gate doesn't wanna open now. I can hear the engines moving, but I believe the programming is fucked up. Do you think I could solve this problem on my own? Where should I even begin? I cannot even find the control panel. Pic related. Thanks!
>>
File: panel.jpg (582 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
panel.jpg
582 KB, 3264x2448
UPDATE: I found the control panel, it looks like this. I doesn't even have buttons. Shit.
>>
>>972515
No, you are clearly clueless, you can't solve this problem on your own. Get a guy to do it for you.
>>
>I can hear the engines moving

im going to say it's something between the gate and the engines........

and for a hint it's not the control board
>>
can you post a closeup of where the drive unit connects to the gate?
>>
File: kapu.jpg (784 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
kapu.jpg
784 KB, 3264x2448
>>972538
I can hear them work, but then the noise stops immediately, like as something were stopping the gates from opening. If I press it again, I can see a closing movement, so the engines are fine I guess...

>>972549
Here it is! It looks the same on the other side.
>>
>>972564
Probably the other side, but it could be those joint that are frozen. Rusted together on the bottom. Still, way out of your league, rich boy.
>>
>>972564
Make sure there's not a bar/lock/rod keeping then from moving. Oil the hinges. Open them manually, you may need to disconnect them from the motots. The motors might have stripped the teeth on the pinion that moves the gate linkage and need to be repaire. The gates might be cocked and need to be straightened before the motors can open them without encountering enough force their safety features stop them.
>>
>>972568
Well, you're probably right. But I have no idea why would you say I'm a rich boy, why do you think I'm trying to solve this on my own? Due to the lack of money, obviously. Thanks for the help.
>>
>>972571
Thanks, I'll try to open them manually, maybe the gates are fucked up, not the engines.
>>
>>972574
I'm just yanking your chain, man. If you're dead set in fixing this, here's what you need to do:
Disconnect those linkages that actually push the gate open from the motor and gate.
Make sure they move freely.
Make sure the gate swings freely.
Run the motors without the linkages attached. If all of this works, but it still doesn't open, the capacitor in your control panel may be bad. Other then that, buy yourself a multimeter and learn how that control board works. Those blue things with white circles control how long the motors run for, so don't mess with them unless you've figured it out. You will blow a motor if you over extend it.
>>
>>972590
Thanks! I think I've found the main problem. It wasn't used for so many years, that the whole thing is just simply stuck. I managed to open the other side, pic related. I can't unscrew either this, or the other side.
>>
File: kurva.jpg (816 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
kurva.jpg
816 KB, 3264x2448
>>972603
Forgot the pic.
>>
>>972571
>The gates might be cocked and need to be straightened before the motors can open them without encountering enough force their safety features stop them.

I'd be willing to bet $50 this is your problem. Most gates and garage doors only require a small amount of resistance to stop because they're programed to not rip off a child's arm. So either the gate is slightly askew from the land moving or is rusted shut.

Op, grease all of the gears you can find and manually open the gate a dozen times or so and see if it fixes the issues.

>>972604
Blow/suck out all of the dirt and rocks and hit it with some grease. Try pulling on the gate and using the button at the same time to make it think there is less resistance.
>>
>>972611
Thanks, I'll go and buy some equipments tomorrow, and try everything you guys mentioned. Thanks again for everything, I'll be back tomorrow!
>>
>>972526
>you aren't doing this the way I'd do it so you're wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
So, I managed to unscrew this fucker, but I can't get the pinion out, therefore I can't separate the gate from the engine. What to do?
>>
>>973114
you should probably start by clearing out the rocks getting caught in the gears. gears dont work too well with stones jamming them up.
>>
>>973135
I did that, but it didn't help, the whole thing is stuck. I should het that pinion out, so I could move the gate by myself, but I just can't manage to do that. ;_;
>>
>>973149
spray a ton of lubricating oil in that bitch
>>
File: realted.png (26 KB, 432x266) Image search: [Google]
realted.png
26 KB, 432x266
>>973154
I did, but it didn't help. I think it looks like pic related, that's where it must be stuck.
>>
Get a big blowtorch on the gears to break the rust seal. Use a hub puller to get the gear off.

Clean off everything in sight and lube with anti-seize and anti-corrosion grease before putting back together.
>>
OP here, I figured, that if I could manage to repair only one side, that would be enough. Of course I would be happy, if I could do both sides, but now let's just focus on the non-pinion side. Regarding pics at >>972564 and >>973168, how could I pull the thingy out of the socket? There isn't enough space, as far as I see.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.