[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /diy/. I have found an old amp - kenwood KAF1030. it has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 1.jpg (219 KB, 1600x899) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
219 KB, 1600x899
Hi /diy/.

I have found an old amp - kenwood KAF1030.
it has a few problems, but I know that with your help, it will be a piece of cake.
few questions. I will post them with pictures that are associated with them
>>
File: 2.jpg (319 KB, 1600x899) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
319 KB, 1600x899
first problem is this. Someone has been trying to repair it and made even bigger mess. conductive path in marked area is lost(red marking). Is there any way to restore it with amateur equipment.

Also it is connected to CD/AD ports. which i wouldn't be using so if i can't repair it i can as well just ignore it.
wires connected to volume potentiometer were soldered to those two spots (orange color)
>>
>>972488
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/47775/Kenwood_KAF1030%20&%20KAF3030.html
here is service manual
>>
File: 3.jpg (206 KB, 1600x899) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
206 KB, 1600x899
>>972486
this is the potentiometer in question regarding picture 2
>>
>>972490
forgot to ask. Why is the most right connection shorted/bridged on the pot?
>>
>>972491
The pots are probably working as voltage dividers, which means they're both connected to ground on one side.
>>
>>972488
Connect the pads directly with pieces of wire and/or repair the broken traces with pieces of wire.
Assuming "amateur equipment" includes a soldering iron and you know how to use it, it's not difficult to repair.
>>
>>972497
soldering iron multimeter and scrapped electrical equipment.
do you know why was voume potentiometer connected to only CD/AD
part. those 2 pins i colored in orange?

thank you
>>
>>972486
If you know nothing of repair I suggest scrapping this. Otherwise it can go very, very wrong.
>>
>>972498
This is just a guess, but the service manual makes me think that the previous owner fucked the original volume pot assembly and since it was expensive/difficult to repair, he replaced it with the current pot kludge. Since he needed only the CD/AD port, he connected the pot directly to those ports.
>>
>>972506
i repaired few of amplifiers, receivers and gramophones. But there is always more to learn. I am very well aware of dangers.
>>
>>972509
this amplifier was used in caffe/club. So i presume it was used only for one thing (presumably through CD/AD) port. i understand schematics, but i can't connect schematic of pot, to main schematic.
>>
>>972511
>but i can't connect schematic of pot, to main schematic.

The volume pot is on pdf page 10 near the the R and S on the top of the page.
>>
>>972516
Perhaps this makes more sense.
>>
>>972516
>>972518
thank you. So i shouldn't connect directly to pot, but connect through r377 and r378 resistors?
also, if im reading correctly, it should be in between left in/out, right in/out and ground
>>
>>972520
The original pot would have had 4 connections per channel. The new one only has three so connect the 3 related. The forth is often used as part of the loudness circuit if it has one.

I have to sleep and haven't studied it further than that but for what its worth....
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.