[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was just over my buddy's house and I heard some loud gargling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 276x276) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 276x276
I was just over my buddy's house and I heard some loud gargling noises coming from the basement when his laundry was draining. I went down and looked and I realized it was because the drain coming down gl from his double basin sink was undersized. It was this type of drain, which then stepped down to basically a garden hose. I'm going to change it for him, but my question is, will upgrading to a full 1 1/2 drain assembly alone be enough, or should I also change the drain style to a straight tube down with the second basin leading into the down tube? The water was coming up into the second basin because the inflow was greater than what the garden hose tube could handle.
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 276x276) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 276x276
>>972250
This is what I was thinking of changing it to.
>>
>>972250
it could also be because the plumbing might not have proper vents
>>
>>972250
Just upgrading the diameter should be enough, unless it's a really high flow washer. Don't forget the P-trap (there isn't one in your pic)
>>
>>972302
It drains straight into a floor drain which, I assume, has a trap of some sort under the floor like my house. Adding a trap won't do any good.
>>
>>972252
Might as well go for the straight pipe? Cost sould be the same and it might help slightly. Most likey there will be no effect.

I'd also recommend that you make sure the floor drain is free from clogs. Even with proper filters, some lint always gets through to the waste water. Either snake it or if you're lazy, just dump some draino down there.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.