[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi I have a somewhat strange question, with the emergence of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: careers-mission-hero.jpg (133 KB, 2120x900) Image search: [Google]
careers-mission-hero.jpg
133 KB, 2120x900
Hi I have a somewhat strange question, with the emergence of EV vehicles I was thinking about a remote wand that could come out of a panel on an EV and reach 10 meters high and be magnetically braked to be inductively charged from the powerline to the vehicles battery system, I know this would be unacceptable in a safety conscious OECD country but thinking more in terms of a developing country where red tape wouldn't matter so much, clearly leaching off one phase of a powerline would not work and there would need to be a return path such as mega grounding or converting the HV to DC somehow and connecting the return path to the negative terminal of the Vehicles heavy duty battery - Would this work?
>>
Why not have a larger wand and have it powered by lightning?
>>
File: super.jpg (59 KB, 500x1090) Image search: [Google]
super.jpg
59 KB, 500x1090
yeah, that'll work great
>>
>>971925
>trees
>power lines aren't all the same
>two+ laned roads
>over taking someone

I could go on but I hope you start to realise how dumb this is.
>>
>>971925
Google "trolleybus"
Messy idea.
>>
sure, please try it and dont forget to mke a video of your first test run
>>
>>971925
>He wants to turn a Tesla into a bumper car.

kek
>>
>>971980
Thanks Doc
>>
>>971925
It's physically impossible to get enough voltage to matter at that distance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverse-square_law
>>
OP here thanks for the cool responses! But what I meant was as an auxillary charge ie Stationary charge not driving the motor.
>>
Also look at this mega aerial! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE_lBcubmck
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.