[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CALLING ALL ENGINEERS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
File: AAAAAAAAAh.png (24 KB, 598x300) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAh.png
24 KB, 598x300
Trying to come up with an idea for a manual hand-crank 'furnace' for 'sucking' in air into a closed-off compartment
How can I create negative air pressure inside the chamber?
A Fan?
Some sort of rotary engine type entry?
Can this work?
Is it viable?
Just going for forced induction for a greater amount of oxygen inside the chamber = Larger flame...?
>>
I want a gf
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (95 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
95 KB, 1920x1080
>>970850
Wat?

You're trying to make a hand crank forge blower?
>>
File: 2C646_AS01[1].jpg (112 KB, 1045x1153) Image search: [Google]
2C646_AS01[1].jpg
112 KB, 1045x1153
Hand crank, gearbox, and a squirrel cage blower fan...

Or, just go to the junkyard and pull any blower motor assembly out of a dashboard and power it with 12 VDC. You'll be able to move plenty of air with one of those
>>
http://anver.com/vacuum-components/vacuum-valves/valve-check/
>>
>>970859
>>970863
Thank you guys,
My application for this idea is cooking in remote African villages
Glad the design application already exists
>>
Let them starve.
>>
>>970914
I think you will find that they already know how to cook. perhaps instead of trying to teach them how to make fire you just go there and learn how they've already solved the simple shit.
>>
>>970914
Pretty sure they've been at it for a fair while now without your help.

I would imagine water and things to actually cook are somewhat the issue.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.